Black Bear Hunt Recommendations

MRBlack

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
South Africa
Good day all,

I am looking for a guided black bear hunt in 2023 in the western US or Canada. I attempted a DIY spot and stalk hunt in the Idaho pan handle this spring without any luck. I was wondering if you all had any recommendations for an outfitter. I would prefer to hunt spot and stalk. TIA

-MR Black

Good day all,

I am looking for a guided black bear hunt in 2023 in the western US or Canada. I attempted a DIY spot and stalk hunt in the Idaho pan handle this spring without any luck. I was wondering if you all had any recommendations for an outfitter. I would prefer to hunt spot and stalk. TIA

-MR Black

Have you considered Alaska?

I have a hunt booked for April 2023 with Sean Lingl with Canadian Guide Outfitters on Vancouver Island.
He was also Dallas Safari Club Outfitter of the year in 2013. He has a great operation .

Have hunted with BC Trophy Mountain Outfitters several times over the last decade plus. Great folks, comfortable camp, beautiful country, and lots of bears. Around 40% - 50% will be color phased. All spot and stalk spring bear hunting, and you will see at least a dozen boars in a week of hunting. A second can be taken for a very reasonable trophy fee.

My best
Bear Hunt Chilcotin Mountains

Bridge River drainage where you will hunt.
Bear Country

Have hunted with BC Trophy Mountain Outfitters several times over the last decade plus. Great folks, comfortable camp, beautiful country, and lots of bears. Around 40% - 50% will be color phased. All spot and stalk spring bear hunting, and you will see at least a dozen boars in a week of hunting. A second can be taken for a very reasonable trophy fee.

My best
Bear Hunt Chilcotin Mountains

Bridge River drainage where you will hunt.
Bear Country
Beautiful bear. Is BC Trophy Mountain Outfitters affiliated with Trophy Mountain Outfitters in Wyoming?

Certainly would!

I have always hunted diy as a resident in Alaska. However there are a lot of really good operators. I would focus from Prince William Sound South.

Alberta has big black bear and a high percentage of color phase. One of the advantages is that you are allowed 2 bears in this province. I have shot several bears over 7ft and got the 2005 record. I had always hunted in the spring and wolf tag were available over the counter also. Good luck with your decision. Remember to look for small ears and short legs. Small bears by comparison look gangly and have Mickey Mouse ears.

We've killed over 3 dozen blackies in AK, all DIY. As well as taking one over 400lbs in Ontario on a self-guided hunt. More then willing to pass on the area(s) info in either one of those locations.
PM me if you would like to visit.

We've killed over 3 dozen blackies in AK, all DIY. As well as taking one over 400lbs in Ontario on a self-guided hunt. More then willing to pass on the area(s) info in either one of those locations.
PM me if you would like to visit.
Appreciate it! I’ll get with you tomorrow via pm

Alaska is nice but I saw tons of black bears driving in north BC. I think a hunt there would be cheaper. There are outfits who can drive you to good hunting areas with a pickup instead of using an airplane or boat to get you way out. You don't actually have to be 20 miles into to wilderness to find a black bear. They are pretty adaptable.

A big thank you to @BnC 04 and all other commenters. You are all very helpful and make AH the great place it is
Was great visiting with you. Get a hold of me anytime as im always up to talk bear hunting

White mountain Apache Indian reservation has numerous huge bears and a lot of color phase nears. Try to hunt them when they’re in the prickley
pears. Also a chance for a second bear if desired.

I went with NM Hunting Addiction in 2021. These guys are some incredible houndsmen and have lots of bears.

I'm a dog guy and love any kind of hunting which utilizes them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg