Black Bear Hunt Recommendations

MRBlack

AH veteran
Joined
Feb 26, 2019
Messages
218
Reaction score
469
Location
Missouri Ozarks
Media
10
Hunted
South Africa, United States
Good day all,

I am looking for a guided black bear hunt in 2023 in the western US or Canada. I attempted a DIY spot and stalk hunt in the Idaho pan handle this spring without any luck. I was wondering if you all had any recommendations for an outfitter. I would prefer to hunt spot and stalk. TIA

-MR Black
 
Good day all,

I am looking for a guided black bear hunt in 2023 in the western US or Canada. I attempted a DIY spot and stalk hunt in the Idaho pan handle this spring without any luck. I was wondering if you all had any recommendations for an outfitter. I would prefer to hunt spot and stalk. TIA

-MR Black

Have you considered Alaska?
 
I have a hunt booked for April 2023 with Sean Lingl with Canadian Guide Outfitters on Vancouver Island.
He was also Dallas Safari Club Outfitter of the year in 2013. He has a great operation .
 
Have hunted with BC Trophy Mountain Outfitters several times over the last decade plus. Great folks, comfortable camp, beautiful country, and lots of bears. Around 40% - 50% will be color phased. All spot and stalk spring bear hunting, and you will see at least a dozen boars in a week of hunting. A second can be taken for a very reasonable trophy fee.


My best
Bear Hunt Chilcotin Mountains

Bridge River drainage where you will hunt.
Bear Country
 
Have hunted with BC Trophy Mountain Outfitters several times over the last decade plus. Great folks, comfortable camp, beautiful country, and lots of bears. Around 40% - 50% will be color phased. All spot and stalk spring bear hunting, and you will see at least a dozen boars in a week of hunting. A second can be taken for a very reasonable trophy fee.


My best
Bear Hunt Chilcotin Mountains

Bridge River drainage where you will hunt.
Bear Country
Beautiful bear. Is BC Trophy Mountain Outfitters affiliated with Trophy Mountain Outfitters in Wyoming?
 
Certainly would!

I have always hunted diy as a resident in Alaska. However there are a lot of really good operators. I would focus from Prince William Sound South.
 
Newfoundland should be a real consideration as well good prices and two tags instead of one.
 
Alberta has big black bear and a high percentage of color phase. One of the advantages is that you are allowed 2 bears in this province. I have shot several bears over 7ft and got the 2005 record. I had always hunted in the spring and wolf tag were available over the counter also. Good luck with your decision. Remember to look for small ears and short legs. Small bears by comparison look gangly and have Mickey Mouse ears.
 
We've killed over 3 dozen blackies in AK, all DIY. As well as taking one over 400lbs in Ontario on a self-guided hunt. More then willing to pass on the area(s) info in either one of those locations.
PM me if you would like to visit.
 
We've killed over 3 dozen blackies in AK, all DIY. As well as taking one over 400lbs in Ontario on a self-guided hunt. More then willing to pass on the area(s) info in either one of those locations.
PM me if you would like to visit.
Appreciate it! I’ll get with you tomorrow via pm
 
Alaska is nice but I saw tons of black bears driving in north BC. I think a hunt there would be cheaper. There are outfits who can drive you to good hunting areas with a pickup instead of using an airplane or boat to get you way out. You don't actually have to be 20 miles into to wilderness to find a black bear. They are pretty adaptable.
 
A big thank you to @BnC 04 and all other commenters. You are all very helpful and make AH the great place it is
Was great visiting with you. Get a hold of me anytime as im always up to talk bear hunting
 
White mountain Apache Indian reservation has numerous huge bears and a lot of color phase nears. Try to hunt them when they’re in the prickley
pears. Also a chance for a second bear if desired.
 
I went with NM Hunting Addiction in 2021. These guys are some incredible houndsmen and have lots of bears.


I'm a dog guy and love any kind of hunting which utilizes them.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,304
Messages
1,572,221
Members
169,510
Latest member
SelenaWick
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top