Biggest Leopards in Africa??

ddog

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zambia, Central African Republic
hey Ddog, I’m sure that some monsters come out of Zambia but from what I read and heard, the leopards from southern Zimbabwe are genetically bigger.

That said, if I could afford Zambia I would go there in a minute. Seeing and even shooting a leopard in daylight must be incredible. Plus seeing the of other game that is there would be a treat in itself.

Yes sir, you won't forget it- really a special hunt and fantastic trophy! Do check with Andrew Baldry in Zambia- he has the right to hunt an exceptional property in the Kafue area and his leopard are larger on average than the cats from the Luangwa blocks and I believe on par with the best areas in Zimbabwe. You might be surprised at his rates as well. Best of luck wherever you hunt!

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
A lot of great suggestions. @Nyamazana Safaris hunts some great leopards every year!

1F4A079A-7830-426F-B774-5E6160FF4D49.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Environ

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
Magnum hut club,SCI,BASC,BDS
Hunted
Zambia,Zimbawex3,C.A.R,Congo,CameroonX2,Beninx2,Botswana,South Africax2,Namibiax2,Tanzania,Krgyzstan,Canada,USA,Italy,France,Finland,Ireland,Spain,Czech Republic,Scotland,England,
Ethiopia should get a mention for its huge, unique toms but it's pricey, the Masai, in addition, has some big cats that have gorged on livestock but are incredibly cagey.

Shakka

AH veteran
Reaction score
Member of
NRA SCI
Hunted
Namibia Zimbabwe
Ethiopia should get a mention for its huge, unique toms but it's pricey, the Masai, in addition, has some big cats that have gorged on livestock but are incredibly cagey.

I WISH that I could afford Ethiopia but even if I could, Leopards from there aren't importable to the USA

Reaction score
Media
I'll start off here with my first post;) to get your opinions on where one has the best opportunity to kill the biggest Leopards on the continent.

I killed a smallish male 10 years ago so in 2020 I would like to go back for a monster or nothing.

Zambia is expensive and seems to have the best success rate but not the best reputation for genetically big cats.

Tanzania is way out of my budget and isn't a consideration.

South Africa/Limpopo isn't issuing permits.

Namibia gets some big ones but success rate seems low compared to other places.

That leaves Zimbabwe which seems to have big cats, decent prices, and good success rates.

With a reputable cat hunter, what do you guys make of this??

Thanks

Good day, you can contact me. I have a very high success rate and very good hunting areas.
My mobile number in my signature.
Andre Bennett

Reaction score
Media
Hunted
South Africa, Mozambique
Not interested in Leopard hunting but I recently read in AHG (African Hunting Gazette) about a 190lb, 19" Skull Leopard hunted the Bubye Valley Conservancy
I can't send a link but if you google African Hunting Gazette you should be able to find it

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Hunted
USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
Took mine in Namibia this past June. My guy has lots of cats in the areas he hunts. PM me if you’d like to talk about it.

28C0F291-A31A-45CD-9BF9-8C22BBA61471.jpeg
96B37E8A-C03F-47C9-A07D-A146B874AC03.jpeg

StephenZambia

AH member
Reaction score
There are two main areas in Zambia. Luangwa has a very high successrate on leopards, but on average not the biggest ones (although big ones have been taken there). Kafue has maybe a little lower successrate, but produces huge toms. Kafue also has nice plains game not found together in many other places (huge sable, roan, oribi, hartebeest etc).
If you want a reasonable chance on a big tom, you should not write off Zambia as a whole, but you should add Kafue in Zambia as an area to look into.

neckdeep

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI DSC DU Pheasants Forever
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique, USA, Argentina
Ernest @Spear Safaris, are these lowveld cats in the pics or from Tanzania?
How is your new Tanz area for Leopard?

Spear Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2014
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
www.spearsafaris.com
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI life member, PHASA life member
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Benin, Burkina Faso, Mozambique, Tanzania, USA, Phillipines
Ernest @Spear Safaris, are these lowveld cats in the pics or from Tanzania?
How is your new Tanz area for Leopard?
Hi Neck Deep
The pictures I posted were from the Lowveldt and Northern Limpopo.
Tanzania I am hunting on Chunya Lukwati, it is a gret area for Leopard, they are probably a bit bigger than the average Leopard that you will find in Tanzania, especially the Selous ones. Please pop me a email and I will send you more info and photos. info@spearsafaris.com

Leopard Legend Hunting Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2015
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Website
www.leopardlegend.com
Media
Member of
SCI, Dallas Safari Club, NAPHA
Hunted
South Africa and Namibia
Hallo. We are based in Namibia, feel free to send us an email to info@leopardlegend.com and we would email you a quotation on a leopard hunt for 2020.

Lwyk

Thor Kirchner

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Bwana, if you want high success rate and a huge Leopard then you should check out Mike Fell in Maswa, Tanzania. His hunts are also expensive but probably the best size/success ratio around. And you will get in in daylight. If you are on instagram check his photos. His profile is called hornofthehunter. Good luck with your research and hunt.

Shakka

AH veteran
Reaction score
Member of
NRA SCI
Hunted
Namibia Zimbabwe
Bwana, if you want high success rate and a huge Leopard then you should check out Mike Fell in Maswa, Tanzania. His hunts are also expensive but probably the best size/success ratio around. And you will get in in daylight. If you are on instagram check his photos. His profile is called hornofthehunter. Good luck with your research and hunt.

Thanks Thor but I WISH that I could afford Tanzania and Mike Fell!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorinneFav

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tally-Ho Hunting Safaris wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J