Biggest Leopards in Africa??

hey Ddog, I’m sure that some monsters come out of Zambia but from what I read and heard, the leopards from southern Zimbabwe are genetically bigger.

That said, if I could afford Zambia I would go there in a minute. Seeing and even shooting a leopard in daylight must be incredible. Plus seeing the of other game that is there would be a treat in itself.

Yes sir, you won't forget it- really a special hunt and fantastic trophy! Do check with Andrew Baldry in Zambia- he has the right to hunt an exceptional property in the Kafue area and his leopard are larger on average than the cats from the Luangwa blocks and I believe on par with the best areas in Zimbabwe. You might be surprised at his rates as well. Best of luck wherever you hunt!

A lot of great suggestions. @Nyamazana Safaris hunts some great leopards every year!

1F4A079A-7830-426F-B774-5E6160FF4D49.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ethiopia should get a mention for its huge, unique toms but it's pricey, the Masai, in addition, has some big cats that have gorged on livestock but are incredibly cagey.

Ethiopia should get a mention for its huge, unique toms but it's pricey, the Masai, in addition, has some big cats that have gorged on livestock but are incredibly cagey.

I WISH that I could afford Ethiopia but even if I could, Leopards from there aren't importable to the USA

I'll start off here with my first post;) to get your opinions on where one has the best opportunity to kill the biggest Leopards on the continent.

I killed a smallish male 10 years ago so in 2020 I would like to go back for a monster or nothing.

Zambia is expensive and seems to have the best success rate but not the best reputation for genetically big cats.

Tanzania is way out of my budget and isn't a consideration.

South Africa/Limpopo isn't issuing permits.

Namibia gets some big ones but success rate seems low compared to other places.

That leaves Zimbabwe which seems to have big cats, decent prices, and good success rates.

With a reputable cat hunter, what do you guys make of this??

Thanks

Good day, you can contact me. I have a very high success rate and very good hunting areas.
My mobile number in my signature.
Andre Bennett

Not interested in Leopard hunting but I recently read in AHG (African Hunting Gazette) about a 190lb, 19" Skull Leopard hunted the Bubye Valley Conservancy
I can't send a link but if you google African Hunting Gazette you should be able to find it

Took mine in Namibia this past June. My guy has lots of cats in the areas he hunts. PM me if you’d like to talk about it.

28C0F291-A31A-45CD-9BF9-8C22BBA61471.jpeg
96B37E8A-C03F-47C9-A07D-A146B874AC03.jpeg

There are two main areas in Zambia. Luangwa has a very high successrate on leopards, but on average not the biggest ones (although big ones have been taken there). Kafue has maybe a little lower successrate, but produces huge toms. Kafue also has nice plains game not found together in many other places (huge sable, roan, oribi, hartebeest etc).
If you want a reasonable chance on a big tom, you should not write off Zambia as a whole, but you should add Kafue in Zambia as an area to look into.

Ernest @Spear Safaris, are these lowveld cats in the pics or from Tanzania?
How is your new Tanz area for Leopard?

Ernest @Spear Safaris, are these lowveld cats in the pics or from Tanzania?
How is your new Tanz area for Leopard?
Hi Neck Deep
The pictures I posted were from the Lowveldt and Northern Limpopo.
Tanzania I am hunting on Chunya Lukwati, it is a gret area for Leopard, they are probably a bit bigger than the average Leopard that you will find in Tanzania, especially the Selous ones. Please pop me a email and I will send you more info and photos. info@spearsafaris.com

Hallo. We are based in Namibia, feel free to send us an email to info@leopardlegend.com and we would email you a quotation on a leopard hunt for 2020.

Lwyk

Bwana, if you want high success rate and a huge Leopard then you should check out Mike Fell in Maswa, Tanzania. His hunts are also expensive but probably the best size/success ratio around. And you will get in in daylight. If you are on instagram check his photos. His profile is called hornofthehunter. Good luck with your research and hunt.

Bwana, if you want high success rate and a huge Leopard then you should check out Mike Fell in Maswa, Tanzania. His hunts are also expensive but probably the best size/success ratio around. And you will get in in daylight. If you are on instagram check his photos. His profile is called hornofthehunter. Good luck with your research and hunt.

Thanks Thor but I WISH that I could afford Tanzania and Mike Fell!

Thanks Thor but I WISH that I could afford Tanzania and Mike Fell!

Too bad that Tanzania is beyond the reach of I bet 95% of African Hunters

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg