Bear rug

Things are tough all over....:p

yup, 1st world problems for sure.

I started walking around my new (we built and closed on it in August of 2020) house and realized...I really don't even have a place to put a bear rug. How do I have a 3300 foot house with no place for a bear rug?
@sgt_zim
I know what you mean but it's an easy fix.
Just get rid of some of the wifes stuff then you will have the room. She won't notice anything,really.
If she dose notice which is possible you can always renovate the dog house.
Bob
Bob

No. Got back to Missoula last night. The bears seemed to disappear the day we arrived. Owner offered a 50% discount to come back next spring or fall.

We were in the bear woods a good 45 hours, none of us even saw one.

Oh well. That's why we call it hunting.

Yes, it was. And quite remote.

Base camp was at about 3500, hunting was up a bit closer to 5000. Ask high country to this southern boy.

Sorry you didnt score on the bears, hope you had a good time with your son, I know thats what you were looking forward to.
My son came with me on my last two safaris and I really enjoyed our time in Africa together.

If anybody is interested, I really liked this outfitter (granted, it's my first outfitted trip, but he treated us really well). It's remote north central Idaho (in the Nez Perce/Clearwater). They also have a 7 day elk hunt, only 5K. Elk are plentiful at high altitude. Not sure how far away from base camp you would ride on horseback, I assume 15 or 20 miles. If you're in Idaho, he has shiras moose to hunt as well. I don't think you can draw a moose tag there if you're NR.

Dick Anderson is the owner/operator, good guy, devout Christian, led us in saying grace at every meal. Dick doesn't advertise or go to any of the expos because he stays booked. If you're interested, PM me so I can give you my info that you can relay to him, you'll get a 10% discount.

If you go with him, just don't bring a 6.5 manbun. Well, unless you're a reloader and are using bullets appropriate for elk hunting.

My son, Ian.

1665253748399.png

1665253792469.png

1665253817188.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonTur

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you