Bailey Bradshaw falling block double

A little thread revival...

It took nearly 5 years, but I ordered a rising block at DSC last week.

Bailey's booth was right next to John Sharp's...so four days looking at the rifles and talking with Bailey was too much for me.

Have been on the road since the show ended, but as soon as I get home I will be mailing off the Turkish Walnut and a dummy round!
Congratulations!!

Bailey's booth was right next to John Sharp's...so four days looking at the rifles and talking with Bailey was too much for me.

Have been on the road since the show ended, but as soon as I get home I will be mailing off the Turkish Walnut and a dummy round!
What caliber?

Very cool!

If I had to spend 4 days looking at the prototype twist lock he had on the table I’m pretty sure I would have succumbed as well…

I’m still half tempted to drive to Longview just to ask to see that thing again…

I have been vacillating a bit on caliber. Bouncing from one rimmed cartridge to another.

I must always have a 45-70. And my wife would only greenlight this project if I promised I would never sell the rifle, lol.

So I think I’m going to do 45-70 and then probably rationalize several other 45-70s currently in the stable.

I do have some months to change my mind.

I have been vacillating a bit on caliber. Bouncing from one rimmed cartridge to another.

I must always have a 45-70. And my wife would only greenlight this project if I promised I would never sell the rifle, lol.

So I think I’m going to do 45-70 and then probably rationalize several other 45-70s currently in the stable.

I do have some months to change my mind.
I think that would be a really cool choice. American double in an American cartridge. Sounds like it would be a blast!

Very cool!

If I had to spend 4 days looking at the prototype twist lock he had on the table I’m pretty sure I would have succumbed as well…

I’m still half tempted to drive to Longview just to ask to see that thing again…
Not very far from DFW! Just saying..

I think that would be a really cool choice. American double in an American cartridge. Sounds like it would be a blast!
I’m doing a single barrel though, not a double.

If you are looking for a old western caliber. 38/55 or 40/65 or 45/70-110 would all be interesting

Instead of 45-70, I would do 450/400. That way you could shoot anything, anywhere from elephant on down.

Beautiful rifles for sure.

Very cool!

I thought that was you hanging around Bailey‘s booth like a vulture, lol. We’ve only met once, and it was years ago.

That is a slick idea he put together - Bailey has quite a mind!

Instead of 45-70, I would do 450/400. That way you could shoot anything, anywhere from elephant on down.

Beautiful rifles for sure.
This rifle will be for domestic use only. But it sounds like you already know what caliber you will do yours in!

If you are looking for a old western caliber. 38/55 or 40/65 or 45/70-110 would all be interesting
I already told Bailey I want a throat on this 45-70 so I have better options for seating longer bullets. That’s why I was going to send a dummy.

I might just have him go ahead and run a 45-90 reamer in it.

Can’t wait to see it!
Here is the wood.

IMG_1601.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you