Baboon in sunglasses

Pole Pole

AH veteran
Joined
Oct 6, 2021
Messages
216
Reaction score
346
While my wife and I were stalking a buffalo in the Selous she lost a pair of Costa sunglasses with turquoise rims and gray lens. Where we stopped the hunting car to start the stalk I notice some monkeys and one baboon. They were expensive so looking too recover them. We looked high and low but never found the sunglasses so I deducted that baboon made off with them. Being the only baboon in the Selous, maybe in all of Africa, sporting Costa sunglasses there must be some sightings. Please post any sightings or information you may help in my efforts. Thanks in advance. Pole Pole
 
I thought this was going to be about dressing up baboons. I used to not like putting Santa hats on pedestals. I thought it was demeaning then I saw action Bob’s I believe Bat eared fox with some shades. That looked really cool. It’s your mount do what you want!
 
tmp1R4cnx.jpeg
 
A year ago I lost my ESS glasses on a pheasant hunt. The subject is useful, because the shot is flying here and there. I wanted to go look for them this year, I roughly remembered the place. But I didn 't have time :(. You won't find anything under the snow.

20211109_090210.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! Looks familiar so I think we have serial sunglasses thieves. Must be a good black market in Dar.
 
Does the owner offer fun rides with ammo and targets?
Lone Star Flight Museum south of Houston offers rides. I have done their bi-plane, T-6 Texan, Dauntless and B-17. Going to finish with the P-51. These were birthday presents from my wife. She my be trying to get rid of me. This comes to mind when asks if if I was a flight for my birthday. Hahahaha. Does anyone have a good bush plane story?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,427
Messages
1,575,881
Members
170,438
Latest member
DanielleTy
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top