ARGENTINA: On My Way To Hunt The Red Stag Roar With Rocket!

Mike I think Argentina is about the cheapest buff hunt generally available. But personally I would really want to know how it will go, not that they take you into a cow Yard to shoot one. I do understand they can be great hunts. But it will likely a subspecies with smaller horns than the Australian variety.

I recently emailed them about gun rentals for Buff and he had a pretty good story about a client aiming to high and the trucks getting rammed while they went looking. So it should be good fun, but I will make sure to get a bit more detail before we run off to do it. I don't want to shoot from a truck or just pick one out of a field without a hunt. I watched a video for an online hunting series for buff with this outfitter (TGB) and it was a 'spend 4-5 days chasing them through the woods' kind of hunt, at least it seemed like it was. I plan to hunt the stag as you did - free range, chase the roar. Thanks for the advise!

Congrats on your two stags! That picture looks like a really nice stag.

Well done Bob, you look like you were having a blast!
Cheers,
Cody

So what about @ActionBob? Did he make it home yet? Is he still in layover? Or is he out sailing?

Congrats for a great hunt Bob, hope you get your second stag.

Hi guys......back in home......WiFi era again.....Red Stag Rut is done, for me and operation I work at least......they were roaring semi-consistently untill April 7 in our area.

The rut was not bad but it was far from being a good one because the heavy rains We have during the period.

We had 1500 milimiters rained in ten days, when ussual is 400 milimiters in a year.....closest city´s were collapsed and same with route´s.....all this changes the roar rules a little, but I think that Bob and I did a good work.....!!!

I think We have made a good hunting team.......

More to tell later.....

It´s been a pleasure to be hunting with Bob.....

Thank you for visiting me......!!!!

It seems that the rain was bothering in several parts around the world........:mad:

Then the drought comes and we all complain again! There's no pleasing people these days

Then the drought comes and we all complain again! There's no pleasing people these days

Comically 50 percent of La Pampa province surface, was burning on flames one month and a half ago causing major disasters......as you said......no pleasing people about wheater these days........:ROFLMAO:

Hi guys......back in home......WiFi era again.....Red Stag Rut is done, for me and operation I work at least......they were roaring semi-consistently untill April 7 in our area.

The rut was not bad but it was far from being a good one because the heavy rains We have during the period.

We had 1500 milimiters rained in ten days, when ussual is 400 milimiters in a year.....closest city´s were collapsed and same with route´s.....all this changes the roar rules a little, but I think that Bob and I did a good work.....!!!

I think We have made a good hunting team.......

More to tell later.....

It´s been a pleasure to be hunting with Bob.....

Thank you for visiting me......!!!!
Rocket it was an absolute pleasure and honor to hunt with you. A couple years in the making but it all came together very quickly when it the time was right.

Congrats for a great hunt Bob, hope you get your second stag.
Rocket was on his last hunt for the roar but they did not have a full camp that last week so a couple of his fellow guides were out looking and they found my second stag... He was a bit better than we expected, a 5x5 if you count a broken tine, but also had a crown on one side;)

IMG-20170408-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20170408-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20170408-WA0002.jpg

Right on! Glad he was found!

Thanks Bob for your considerations.......I really felt like hunting with a friend and I think that We really have enjoyed those days chassing stags in the bushes.......and it is easier when your hunter can walk a lot, can run, can shoot under any circunstances, can see the game at the same time than you.......soo it was a good hunt in all spectrum for me at least.......

Luckily we have been able to recover four of the six wounded deer.......We were not able to recover the panamanian Doctor´s deer and other from the first week unfortunatelly........We will see if We have some news from the cattle kepper in the next days......He will be distributing cows in diferent bloks.

As you said We got a crown in the side We were not able to see.....He was allways running and facing from left to rigth where you can see just the "V"......better for us.

I have heard rumors that there may be new challengers in futures Rut´s.......I dont know who could be........@Royal27.......@gizmo.........:whistle::whistle::whistle:.........:D

I promise there no will be more ambushes of spiders in the truck.........;)

I promise there no will be more ambushes of spiders in the truck........
Yea, sometimes it's the "little things" that make life fun!:rolleyes:

Maybe we'll share a bit of that story later, without names.... to protect the innocent, and the guilty:p

Bob,

Just saw this thread for the first time. Glad you had a great time with Rocket and a great trip to Argentina. Congratulations on your two bulls. (y)

I think we were in camp during the busiest week. 6 hunters plus 2 observers. 3 couples from the US, only one woman hunting. and a Doctor and Engineer from Panama, both return clients, I think the Doc was on his 15th season;)

It was an enjoyable and diverse group.

They were sometimes short a vehicle so depending upon the area we would be hunting, we would ride out together and get dropped off. So early one morning Rocket is driving in the dark and I was behind him with the other guide in back with me, and the lady hunter in front..... Suddenly she screams "spider"! and opens the door and actually jumps out while the truck is still moving.. Rocket was concerned because they do have big tarantulas and he does not particularly like them... So he is looking around for this big spider when she points to the sun visor, Rocket leaned over and squished the tiny bug and then we could get back on our way;)

I have heard rumors that there may be new challengers in futures Rut´s.......I dont know who could be........@Royal27.......@gizmo.........:whistle::whistle::whistle:.........:D

You read my mind @ROCKET .... (y)

I promise there no will be more ambushes of spiders in the truck.........;)

This is can't wait to hear!

Rocket was concerned because they do have big tarantulas and he does not particularly like them

Oh yes Bob.....you can bet I was looking desperate for a hand size tarantula of those We have there, into the truck.......I thought, if She jumps from the moving truck it must been for a really big spider ready to jump on your neck.......:A Drive:.............:E Dancing:...........We are survivors Bob..........I hope you dont need therapy caused by this incident..........:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg