Marcos Rodriguez

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Mex/S.Amer
Hello, fellows!...
Yes... my old mauser 1891 vintage.... carbine friendly called as "the shorty"... give me the first joy the last friday!...
Friday afternoon, in a countriside near my home, while I were surrounding the internal roads of the farm watching the tracks of the boars with a couple of friends, I see a path near a deep chanell... and the mud in the bottom very twisted...
While we were watching, I note the smell, very strong... and a track very fresh ofa "big one"... VERY BIG FOOTPRINT...
While my friends and I were debating the way of aproaching... suddenly, my friend Danny (unarmed this time) see a head lean out fron the high grass of the border...
The typicall word used here is "UN CHANCHO!!" (A PIG....) word who causes a lot of sensations (impossible to describe... haha)
The movement was instintive! in a fraction of a second, I was on knees and pointing the boar, at 130 meters far away... The shot place was in the shoulder... I have not the time to sight in the head because the boar can suddenly dissapear as fast as he appears here... so... PLUUUUM.... FLOCCCCCCCCCC...
I see him jumping and fall through the scope... Later, we listen a noise... broken corn... He fall, roll and walk into the corn 20 meters ....

S7300391.JPG

S7300387.JPG

Nice pig Marcos!

Very good Boar Marcos my friend, good trophy.......Hey load up a picture of shorty.....must be a treasure and is a great thing to be abble to hunt with that kind of rifles....!!!!

See you.....!!!!

Congrats.

Looks like its time to have a cookout and invite your friends over.;)

that's a big swine , marcos.big set of hooks,mate......

Nice Pig Marcos

Marcos really loves to be hunting with those slings shoots rifles boys........:D:D:D......I don´t know how He can get a boar or any other animal with a such gun........;)

Rocket... son of.... hahahahah
My dear friend, Fernando... i´m still laughing after 2 minutes before reading the answers.... hahaha
Wheels... you are wellcome for the cookout!...
A pic of the "shorty", my 308 carbine…

S7300221.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one Marcos.

Marcos, fantastic boar. Shorty is a keeper.

It means a gun you shouldn't or won't get rid of. I mean keep it "keeper"

It's a good gun my friend, that's all. It's a phrase, meaning don't sell or trade it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg