Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA - Life, DU - Committee Chairman
Hunted
U.S, Mexico, Argentina, South Africa - Limpopo, North West
I wanted to take a minute to share some details about my most recent trip to Argentina to help thin out the dove population for anyone on interested. My wife and I made our first trip last year with Maers & Goldman but this year we elected to go with Pointer Outfitters, not that anything was wrong with M&G we just wanted to see how another outfitter operated. Like I said in my report last year, if you enjoy shooting a shotgun, or hell if you just enjoy shooting/hunting in general you need to go see the dove fly in Argentina at least once in your life. If the good Lord’s willing, my wife and I will be making it down every year until we’re too feeble to do it!

We flew Dallas to Miami, to Lima Peru then into Cordoba, it’s not a bad flight splitting it up like that. Last year there was a direct out of Miami but it’s no longer offered. There is a Dallas to Santiago Chile to Cordoba, but I’m a known tigh a** so Miami saved me a little money I could use on more shells.

We arrived in Cordoba around 5:30 AM, made our way thru customs and into the pick-up area of the modest airport where we were immediately met by my birdboy to be, Gaby with Pointer Outfitters, what a great feeling when you’re 5,000 miles from home and see someone there to greet you.

We load our luggage into the Toyota and head towards the lodge. We would be staying at the La Loma lodge in the town of Totoral. It was a very nice lodge with absolutely amazing service and food. Once settled in our room, we headed to the shooting grounds where we had the first of many amazing lunches cooked asado/BBQ style. After lunch, a short rest in hammocks, then off to knock a bunch of dove out of the sky. Another couple, who we’re friends with, took a different flight so they joined us right after lunch. Argentina is a great place for a big group of buddies/couples to make a trip.

I won’t bore everyone with an everyday play by play, but to sum it up over the course of 4 days/8 hunts my wife and I shot 4,980 dove with a few pigeons and parakeets mixed in for good measure. On day we both decided to go for 1,000 and accomplished that plus a few in roughly 4.5 hours of hunting… My wife had a 73% hit ratio and myself a 79% overall for the trip.

Overall it was an absolutely incredible experience, one I wish everyone that likes to shoot birds could experience at least once. You can watch all the videos and look at all the pictures, but until you see it firsthand you can’t comprehend it. All the outfitters in the Cordoba area have birds I’m sure, but Pointer’s attention to detail was without question outstanding. Every single detail was thought out and executed perfectly. Pablo who runs Pointer Wingshooting goes out of his way to make sure everyone is 100% satisfied. Anything you want or need, he or someone working for him does their very best to make it happen no matter how big or small. I’m an easy to please kind of guy, and even I could notice how hard they tried to ensure everyone had a trip of a lifetime. We’ve already booked dates for a return trip August 2018 with a big group of friends.

If anyone has any questions about dove hunting Argentina PM me and I can give you all the knowledge I’ve acquired on the subject, and can get you hooked up with the right people to ensure you have an exceptional time.

Arg10.jpg
Arg8.jpg
Arg9.jpg
Arg6.JPG
Arg1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear I think I'm following you around the world on some sort of cosmic inspired schedule (I promise its unintentional! :) ... you were in Limpopo just a few weeks ahead of me.. and now youre in Cordoba a few weeks ahead of me as well...

We'll be hunting with Argentinas Best Hunting while we are there doing a 4 day "Cast and Blast".. 2 days of dove, followed by 2 days of dorado fishing..

The wife and I were already pretty excited about heading down.. your hunt report and pics just adds fuel to the fire.. now I'm in CANT WAIT mode.. :)

Nice report and that is some mighty fine shooting to.

over the course of 4 days/8 hunts my wife and I shot 4,980 dove with a few pigeons and parakeets mixed in for good measure. On day we both decided to go for 1,000 and accomplished that plus a few in roughly 4.5 hours of hunting…
:E Shocked:wow that is awesome.

That is an incredible number of birds. Your hit ratio is exceptional. My hat is off to you. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce

I've been talking to Pablo about some options, they are great people at Pointer!
Congratulations on a great hunt!
Cheers,
Cody

I've been talking to Pablo about some options, they are great people at Pointer!
Congratulations on a great hunt!
Cheers,
Cody

I swear I think I'm following you around the world on some sort of cosmic inspired schedule (I promise its unintentional! :) ... you were in Limpopo just a few weeks ahead of me.. and now youre in Cordoba a few weeks ahead of me as well...

We'll be hunting with Argentinas Best Hunting while we are there doing a 4 day "Cast and Blast".. 2 days of dove, followed by 2 days of dorado fishing..

The wife and I were already pretty excited about heading down.. your hunt report and pics just adds fuel to the fire.. now I'm in CANT WAIT mode.. :)

Haha. Don't tell me you're going to shoot geese in Lubbock in January or it'll get weird..

Y'all are going to have a blast! I'm jealous it goes on everyday while I'm stuck at work...

That is an incredible number of birds. Your hit ratio is exceptional. My hat is off to you. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce

Thanks guys for all the compliments on the shooting. The wife and I are first and foremost bird hunters/clay shooters so we put a lot into and take a lot of pride in our shooting..

If for some stupid reason I had to pick one kind of hunting the rest of my life it'd be something to do with a bird and shotgun!

WOW! That's a lot of birds sir!

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Haha. Don't tell me you're going to shoot geese in Lubbock in January or it'll get weird..

HAHAHAHAHA... we're actually seriously considering it..

There's a place outside of Lubbock that supposedly has a bunch of sandhill crane come through every year.. we were just talking last week about the possibility of going there right after the new year and giving it a try (I've never hunted a bird bigger than a mallard duck before.. the wife and I thought it might be fun)..

As long as youre not planning on being in Colorado in November I'll assume we're safe..

Otherwise.. this will start to look a bit creepy :D:ROFLMAO::D

HAHAHAHAHA... we're actually seriously considering it..

There's a place outside of Lubbock that supposedly has a bunch of sandhill crane come through every year.. we were just talking last week about the possibility of going there right after the new year and giving it a try (I've never hunted a bird bigger than a mallard duck before.. the wife and I thought it might be fun)..

As long as youre not planning on being in Colorado in November I'll assume we're safe..

Otherwise.. this will start to look a bit creepy :D:ROFLMAO::D

Lol! That's hilarious.. We went with Longneck Outfitters out of Lubbock last year and had a blast shooting lesser Candians and sand hills. Going back the first weekend of Jan in '18. The "ribeye of the sky" saying about sand hills is no BS, tastes like a lean beef steak.

No Colorado plans so I guess we're good... haha

Great report, looks like you guys had a great time. Just recently finished up a Blackbuck hunt in Argentina a couple of days ago and now looking forward to perhaps trying out some dove hunting!

1,000 in 1 day!!! And 73-79%!!! Awesome!!!
Yes I'd say you must shoot a lot of clays!
Thanks for sharing such a grand trip!
Best

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross