Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA Canada, RSA, Argentina, Namibia/Caprivi
I might be in Baltimore around the same time as the Eastern Outdoor Show and since it is only about 80 miles away I thought I might run up there and check it out. I have a friend in Delaware that says it is a heck of a show. Just wondering if any of you folks are planning on attending.

I've been going to the show for over 30 years and I really enjoy it. I'll be there this year as well. I would advise avoiding it on the opening weekend and the first monday as well. It does get crowded. I park at Bass Pro Shop, and there are free shuttles run from there that drop you off at the door. By the way, you can buy your tickets in advance on line, and they're good for any day, plus you get a free subscription to an outdoor magazine - there are 3 to choose from. Just do a google search for the Harrisburg PA Outdoors Show.

Last edited:
HI

Hi all,

Yes we will be at the Eastern Outdoor show. You will find us at booth 7012 from the 4th to 15th Feb 2010.

Hope to see you.

Regards , Owen

Thanks for the info. It looks like I am going to be there on the last weekend, hope to see you there.

Don't know what day yet,will see how the weather looks.

Been going for around 15 years,I wish it wasn't turning into a such a flea market:(

But Blaser is listed on the exhibitor list:bighello:

Absolutely not. The length of that show is about 5 days more of urban life and masses of humanity than I can stand. I view it as a form of torture.

By and large the sportsman shows have outlived their usefulness. Twenty years ago they were a pretty good deal for hunters and operators, but they have slowly increased to the point that there are far more shows than there should be. Many of the big centers have 2, sometimes three shows during the winter.

As Dinsdale pointed out, more and more of them are turning into places where thousands of people go to look for good deals on trinkets and gadgets and free chewing tobacco. There are only a handful of the shows that are still worth the time and money required to do them. But for many operators it is like a bad habit that is hard to quit.

I think that maybe a pretty fair assement,unfortunate but often true.

Although I tend to be specifically interested in specific booths and topics,rather than the whole show now.I go to see specific people or a product.

I just did a little review of ASG's show,and really liked the format;as did the outfitters present.More an invitation event,than a tire kickers ball.

Most commented that they liked 2 days in front of potential clients,actually looking for bookings specific to Africa;and from an under severved audience.

But I helped out in Harrisburg,doing 4 days to help out an outfitter;and doing 10 there would have me eating my gun barrel. :)

Rather scoop out my eyeballs with a spoon :)

Dinsdale

Last edited by a moderator:
Info

Hello All,

Just want to let you all know that our booth has been changed to : 6333

Hope to see you there.

regards,

Owen

I'll be there this Saturday. I look forward to this show every year.

I will be there Saturday. Plan on stopping by Owens booth #6333 and introduce myself to Liam. Staying in downtown Harrisburg Friday and Saturday night. Planning on going to Cabela's Sunday, then head home. If anyone else is going to be there, PM me with your Booth or cell number. Always like to put faces with names.

Be down at some point,mid week maybe....

Have a scope to shop for and want to compare a few.

I'd go Sunday,but lots of exhibitors leave early for the Super Bowl.

Dinsdale

Hi Jaustin, my partner in African Rosette Safaris is representing our company at the Harrisburg show and has a booth in that name.His name is Jan Westdyk. You can speak to him about hunting our areas in Namibia,South Africa and Mozambique.Tell him I say to give you a good deal on a hound hunt here in SA for small cats and plainsgame.If he wont tell him I'll stand by and watch while he has it out man to man with the next leopard that runs over him !! Catch you later. Roy Sparks.

It is a great show. We have 30+ inches of snow on the ground here which has made travel to the show impossible at times but I was there on Tuesday. I talked with alot of Safari outfits and found one that really suited me. The Harrisburg show is one heck of an event.

hi

Hi Chris,

Yes so far i heard the weather was crazy but the show was great ! Did you end up making a booking ? We made a couple my cousin is there at our booth 6333.

Regards,

Owen

Haven't booked yet but we are hoping to in a few weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg