Any gin drinkers here?

My wife loves T&T while I'm firmly in the non-Tanqueray camp...a house divided. Currently I'm being a basic b!t¢h and loving the Beefeater. It's not that I'm totally adverse to drinking Tanqueray, but I'll explore other options if available.

@matt85 - I will say that some people I know who really like gin are not a fans of Hendrick's. If you aren't feeling it, try something else next time. Personally, I find that Hendrick's makes a wonderful T&T, but it's not my "go-to" for drinking neat.
View attachment 600285
As a big gin fan, I like Hendricks, but it is not my first choice. Far too light on juniper for me, but that is what makes it popular, especially with those who are not normally big gin fans.

I've had a couple more glasses of gin since my first post and it is growing on me. I don't know if I will buy it again, but it certainly isn't a bad drink for a pleasant evening with my neighbors.

I've had a couple more glasses of gin since my first post and it is growing on me. I don't know if I will buy it again, but it certainly isn't a bad drink for a pleasant evening with my neighbors.

Try your hendricks with twirl of cucumber skin ....as it has cucumber in the recipe

IMG_1643.jpeg
How about this guys?)

Relevant 5 minute clip :) ....."Nobody in their might rind would tackle the rapids at night!".......

A few of my favorites include Conniption out of NC, Dogfish Head ( was out of DE not sure it is still produced) and locally to me in PA Manatawny Still Works

A few of my favorites include Conniption out of NC, Dogfish Head ( was out of DE not sure it is still produced) and locally to me in PA Manatawny Still Works
If you like gins from NC, you should try Chemist American Gin. It is from Asheville in a brown bottle similar to that in which chemicals were stored in HS or college chem labs.

1713751443845.png

Relevant 5 minute clip :) ....."Nobody in their might rind would tackle the rapids at night!".......
I need to watch The African Queen again - I 'studied' it in high school in the previous millennium.

As a big gin fan, I like Hendricks, but it is not my first choice. Far too light on juniper for me, but that is what makes it popular, especially with those who are not normally big gin fans.
A gin that is heavy on the juniper that is dirt cheap is Sam's Club Member's Mark London Dry Gin. The Gin is In website gives it 4.5 stars and it sells for $16-17 per 1.75 L bottle. It is shockingly good.

Attachments

• Member’s Mark London Dry Gin | Expert Gin Review and Tasting Notes.pdf
    489.4 KB · Views: 18
Just did a blind taste test of four gins. Bombay Sapphire, Beefeater London Dry, Tanqueray London Dry and Kirkland London Dry.

I tried them neat and chose them in the following order...
1. Bombay Sapphire
2a. Beefeater London Dry
2b. Tanqueray London Dry
4. Kirkland London Dry

My bride had two mixed in T&T's and her results were
1. Kirkland London Dry
2. Tanqueray London Dry

Not sure what this means yet. But I know for certain that we will be buying liquor at Costco more often. The prices there are just crazy!

Just did a blind taste test of four gins. Bombay Sapphire, Beefeater London Dry, Tanqueray London Dry and Kirkland London Dry.

I tried them neat and chose them in the following order...
1. Bombay Sapphire
2a. Beefeater London Dry
2b. Tanqueray London Dry
4. Kirkland London Dry

My bride had two mixed in T&T's and her results were
1. Kirkland London Dry
2. Tanqueray London Dry

Not sure what this means yet. But I know for certain that we will be buying liquor at Costco more often. The prices there are just crazy!
If you like the Sapphire best, have you tried the original Bombay London Dry?

Liquor from Costco can feel like stealing :)

If you like the Sapphire best, have you tried the original Bombay London Dry?

Liquor from Costco can feel like stealing :)
Yes I have and I like it very much as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KayleneMoa

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.