Another newbie

Hello all. Bit of a recent lurker turned new member. Good info and camaraderie here it seems. Glad to be a part of it.
Welcome to AH
 
Welcome welcome welcome
 
Welcome aboard Wahoo. Please tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. things like what have you hunted previously, what kind and caliber rifles you own, do you reload. Do you have any plans and or thoughts of hunting Africa? If so, what species and when?
Thanks Shootist. I’m a midwestern bow hunter, but also enjoy firearm hunting/shooting. Limited here to slugs so generally hunt with my .45 muzzleloader. Recently I’ve started elk hunting with my bow as well. Previously in New Mexico and heading to Montana this fall. I enjoy shooting in general and have amassed some odds and ends firearms from .22 up through .45-70 thus far. Currently in the market for quality .375 and if stars aligned a .470. I’m a world class putterer and tinkerer so I’m contemplating starting the process of learning about reloading but have zero experience as of yet.

Severely afflicted with the desire to hunt Cape buffalo in a true free range wilderness area with a double - just waiting on a winning lottery ticket.

Tentatively starting the process of planning a trip to Africa in 2023-24 lottery be damned. I certainly enjoy the information and experience amassed here. Great resource.
 
Wahoo, regardless of whether it is with a rifle or a bow, we'll do our best to whet your appetite for hunting a Buffalo in the next year or so. For first timers a planning / preparatory period of 18 to 24 months is pretty normal. Use the "Search" function on AH to get answers to any and or all of your questions. Throughout my life I've spent more time afield with my bow than a rifle. There is nothing stopping you from taking both to Africa.
 
Welcome to AH! It is a great site, glad to have you here.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,274
Messages
1,570,269
Members
168,866
Latest member
DeweyForwo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top