Another new member from Alabama

WH1

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
RMEF (Life); NRA; NWTF; SCI
Hunted
Oregon, Arizona, Montana, Colorado, Kansas, Tennessee, Alabama, North Carolina, Texas, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, Minnesota
Just joined but have been following the site for a while. Lots of fantastic information and great posts and stories being shared.
Retired military (Marine), lifelong elk/duck/upland game hunter, haven't been able to hunt Africa yet, but my wife hunted Namibia a few years back. Currently focused on elk, deer and turkey hunting but planning a plains game hunt in the near future. Will be in Nashville for the show doing research/booking a hunt for next year. Wife and I will be taking the grandson to his first big hunting show, he is 11 and has been hunting dove and deer with us for the last few years. This spring will be his first turkey hunt.
Firearms wise among my rifles I own a .375H&H, one of the Whitworths from the 1980's, currently seeking for a pre-64 Winchester in 300H&H. Most recent acquisition is a .60 caliber, flintlock from Ian Pratt. Plan is to use it for Tennessee white tail and a Montana Elk this fall.

:S Welcome: to AH!

Reactions: WH1
Welcome to AH, sir. Wish I could make the show in Nashville. Dates were just too far apart for me to stay in the USA for a month.
Enjoy the forum!

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Last edited:
Welcome! A flintlock, BP hunt for elk in Montana. That sounds really interesting. Where in Montana? I will be doing an archery elk hunt, mid-September, in the Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness Area around Pray, MT.

Good luck with planning your African adventure too. Lots of great information and sponsor outfitters on this site.

:S Welcome:

Welcome! A flintlock, BP hunt for elk in Montana. That sounds really interesting. Where in Montana? I will be doing an archery elk hunt, mid-September, in the Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness Area around Pray, MT.

Good luck with planning your African adventure too. Lots of great information and sponsor outfitters on this site.
Plan is to hunt the mountains near the Ruby River in Madison County. We have hunted elk there many times, this will be the first time with a flintlock, should be exciting.

Giday WH1. Welcome to the A H forums.

Welcome!

Welcome, sure glad to have you here!!

Welcome to AH WH1!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome @WH1

Please come by the Limcroma Safaris booth #1506 in Nashville. We would welcome the opprotunity to meet you and talk a little African hunting with you and the family!

Hello WH1,

Thank you for your service.

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

I salute you and your wife for helping to encourage your grand son, along the proper path tobeing a realistic and clear thinking man someday.

Also, your taste in rifles is evidently quite similar to mine.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

welcome to AH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.