American charged with subversion in Zimbabwe

I look at this one differently than a US tourist in a foreign country and making comments with someone back home. This woman has spent multiple years in Africa and is an employee of an organization that is against those in power in Zimbabwe. Also, she has presented at a conference on "How Zimbabweans Rebel Online". So, she isn't some naive person and put herself in this position. Now, there appears to be someone still active on the twitter account, but the IP address was tracked to her home. Good luck to her and her lawyers.

Miss Donovan, according to her lawyer. Was arrested at her home and her electronic devices confiscated. She was detained at Harare central police. In her tweet she never mentioned "anyone" by name.
The police "want" to charge her under section 33 of the criminal law.
What she actually posted against what is being bantered around is two different things!

Miss Donovan, according to her lawyer. Was arrested at her home and her electronic devices confiscated. She was detained at Harare central police. In her tweet she never mentioned "anyone" by name.
The police "want" to charge her under section 33 of the criminal law.
What she actually posted against what is being bantered around is two different things!

"According to her lawyer"? Not what really happened? I was born at night but not last night.

I defer to your expert knowledge as to what she post. But maybe you should read the tweet. If you lived her and knew about the imported Rolls Royces that she referred to you would know what the "situation is all about"

I defer to your expert knowledge as to what she post. But maybe you should read the tweet. If you lived her and knew about the imported Rolls Royces that she referred to you would know what the "situation is all about"

Post the tweet. Let's see who's lying or twisting the facts. Put up or shut up.

Post the tweet. Let's see who's lying or twisting the facts. Put up or shut up.

So, you are asking a Zimbabwe resident to re-post something that apparently has the local authorities pissed at this woman and threatening jail?

Lon, I think I'll understand if you don't want to join her.

Apparently others have enjoyed the same treatment.

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 9.25.07 AM.png

So, you are asking a Zimbabwe resident to re-post something that apparently has the local authorities pissed at this woman and threatening jail?

Lon, I think I'll understand if you don't want to join her.

A Zimbazwe resident? He has my utmost sympathy.

Some of the source material.

@Magamba TV

This stuff is so funny and sad because it is so filled with truths.
I subscribed to Magamba TV Youtube Channel just to support them.

Called Bob a dog. Yep, you get arrested.

https://www.news24.com/Africa/Zimba...ed-after-calling-mugabe-a-dog-report-20171103

Two Zim men charged after calling Mugabe 'a dog' – report

Harare – Two Zimbabwean men have reportedly been charged with insulting President
Robert Mugabe, 93, after they allegedly described the nonagenarian as "a dog".

According to New Zimbabwe.com, the two, Allan Chinewaita, 40, and Casper Tambara, 39, of Nyamahumba primary school in Nyanga were this week charged with undermining the authority of the president under Section 33(2)(a) of the Criminal Law Codefication and Reform Act (Code).

Chinewaita was alleged to have said: "I will not vote Zanu-PF and President Robert Mugabe is like a dog."

Chinewaita said this in Shona.

Tambara was also facing the same charge.

A report by NewsDay said that Mugabe's government had increased its clampdown on freedom of expression ahead of general elections in 2018.

"As he struggles to hold down his position as the country's leader and entrench his long rule, Mugabe's administration has turned to harassing political opponents, including through crafting a law that criminalises making derogatory comments about him," the report said.

Dozens of Zimbabweans have fallen foul of the law, it said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I get it.
The run up to 2018 elections - Criminalize the opposition and throw them in jail!

Brickburn thank you! You understand what someone like H never will. This will be my last post on this unfortunate subject

Now I get it.
The run up to 2018 elections - Criminalize the opposition and throw them in jail!
Ensure that the masses have absolute obedience! (sarcasm intended)

Brickburn thank you! You understand what someone like H never will. This will be my last post on this unfortunate subject

Sometimes members miss where other members are resident. We are a truly global community and always need to be aware of that.

Lived in a dictatorship. I DO know what it's like. Unfortunately for you, a white man in no white man's land, you'll be there when the bitch takes over and you'll see what it's like to live under a vengeful white hating woman (we almost elected a MAN hating woman). The only advice to you and every other white man there is to get out while you can. You're living in a fantasy land. It's going to get A LOT worse once ol' Bob is gone and the infighting really starts.

Omar Torrijos, Manuel Noriega.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you