Am I being silly?

If they acknowledged it should not have left the factory they should do something.
We are not talking about a Norinco SKS but a fine rifle, you would think.
I'm not a gunsmith but I expect it's not easy to polish this without going oversize or boring it outside of spec.
They owe you a set of barrels , I guess that's what they are avoiding.

If they addressed the problem before final fit and finish the cost would have been less.

If they acknowledged it should not have left the factory they should do something.
We are not talking about a Norinco SKS but a fine rifle, you would think.
I'm not a gunsmith but I expect it's not easy to polish this without going oversize or boring it outside of spec.
They owe you a set of barrels , I guess that's what they are avoiding.

If they addressed the problem before final fit and finish the cost would have been less.

These are my thoughts too.
I have had the rifle inspect by 2 reputable smiths and both have said the chambers would be out of specification if these were polished or honed out.
The only way to remedy this is to replace the barrel set.

This is absolutely unacceptable and VC knows it. Saving a few bucks by not fixing it for you and having their name justifiably smeared while apparently not caring is a sign of a company to avoid at all costs.

This thread should be kept at the top as a warning to others.

I believe they fail to realize the power of the internet. I would guess to repair these two rifles the correct way is well under 10k their cost.

I'm going to say short term they lost 10 rifle sales due to the way this was handled. When we here of more and we know they are out there. The number of lost sales will climb.

That will be my next double also.

It not the fact that something is wrong with either my or Kevin’s rifles, they are mechanical items and things can go wrong. It’s how the manufacture handles the concern that is the true test. And VC handled it poorly in my book.
I very much agree. Any mechanical item can and will break no matter the craftsmanship. It’s how the company who makes such items reacts that makes the difference.

Personally...i cant do a sub par dream rifle or even a sub par standard rifle for that matter! LOL! The rifles that make it into my "keeper safe" must shoot off the shelf mid priced factory loads sub MOA at the minimum or they dont make it into that safe! If i have to hand load to get Sub Moa or 3/4 MOA out of a rifle then i dont keep it...period! Why should i have to hand load for accuracy when Im supposedly buying quality from the start? Now i didnt say i wont reload for certain rifles but there are LOTS in my keeper safe that i dont and wont load for because there is no need and i have LOTS of ammo for them. If something crazy happens while travelling and i have to purchase off the shelf ammo for a rifle in an emergency, i want to know that my rifle will shoot it to a higher standard or its not worth keeping. $1000, 1500, 2500 or more and have to hand load for sub or 3/4 MOA ??? NOPE NOPE NOPE! Ditch it and move on! If it will shoot basic ammo sub MOA then I might step up and load for that rifle but usually its because of caliber and not rifle when i load.

Anyway...back on track...to be a keeper a rifle needs to be good to go as i hate to settle and will not settle! Learned my lesson many many moons and hundreds of firearms ago! LOL!

Trade it or sell it off and go for your top shelf dream rifle and be done with it!

Personally...i cant do a sub par dream rifle or even a sub par standard rifle for that matter! LOL! The rifles that make it into my "keeper safe" must shoot off the shelf mid priced factory loads sub MOA at the minimum or they dont make it into that safe! If i have to hand load to get Sub Moa or 3/4 MOA out of a rifle then i dont keep it...period! Why should i have to hand load for accuracy when Im supposedly buying quality from the start? Now i didnt say i wont reload for certain rifles but there are LOTS in my keeper safe that i dont and wont load for because there is no need and i have LOTS of ammo for them. If something crazy happens while travelling and i have to purchase off the shelf ammo for a rifle in an emergency, i want to know that my rifle will shoot it to a higher standard or its not worth keeping. $1000, 1500, 2500 or more and have to hand load for sub or 3/4 MOA ??? NOPE NOPE NOPE! Ditch it and move on! If it will shoot basic ammo sub MOA then I might step up and load for that rifle but usually its because of caliber and not rifle when i load.

Anyway...back on track...to be a keeper a rifle needs to be good to go as i hate to settle and will not settle! Learned my lesson many many moons and hundreds of firearms ago! LOL!

Trade it or sell it off and go for your top shelf dream rifle and be done with it!

So where do you recommend people find mid priced 470,500 or 500-416 nitro cartridges?

I’m really sorry for your experience so far. It’s heart breaking and all to common. You save, sacrifice and plan and you get a lemon. Letting it out of the factory is unconscionable and negligent. That they don’t jump to make it right is unforgivable.

I had just ordered a VC O\U 9.3x74r and was about to send the deposit check when I read this.

Order cancelled.

It’s a Heym for me now.

T
I’m really sorry for your experience so far. It’s heart breaking and all to common. You save, sacrifice and plan and you get a lemon. Letting it out of the factory is unconscionable and negligent. That they don’t jump to make it right is unforgivable.

I had just ordered a VC O\U 9.3x74r and was about to send the deposit check when I read this.

Order cancelled.

It’s a Heym for me now.
Thank you Reil, I think you have made a wise choice.

Order cancelled.

It’s a Heym for me now.
Best decision you coukd have made.....cry once....

Really a shame! A rapid fix would’ve been one heck of a cheap way to convince a lot of people that their doubles are a product worth picking up!
At this point, to win anyone's trust or respect back, the only option for them would be to give the man a brand new Rifle, without any defects, free o' charge... They need to put it in his hands immediately... the poor man has waited way too long, as it is...

At this point, to win anyone's trust or respect back, the only option for them would be to give the man a brand new Rifle, without any defects, free o' charge... They need to put it in his hands immediately... the poor man has waited way too long, as it is...
Could not agree more! And the cost of that replacement would’ve paid for itself in new business quite easily! Can’t think of a forum around that has as many people looking to seriously purchase double rifles as this one! They need a new marketing team I think LOL! The opportunity cost they paid on this issue is probably quite a bit!

Could not agree more! And the cost of that replacement would’ve paid for itself in new business quite easily! Can’t think of a forum around that has as many people looking to seriously purchase double rifles as this one! They need a new marketing team I think LOL! The opportunity cost they paid on this issue is probably quite a bit!
Customer service at it's very worst... Absolutely inexcusable...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg