Am I being silly?

Aren’t they a sponsor on this site? If so, someone should loop them in to this thread and ask them to address the issue head on. I would certainly like to see them respond directly to Kevin’s experience in an open forum. They are disenfranchising a significant subset of the African hunting community.

Aren’t they a sponsor on this site? If so, someone should loop them in to this thread and ask them to address the issue head on. I would certainly like to see them respond directly to Kevin’s experience in an open forum. They are disenfranchising a significant subset of the African hunting community.
Is there a way to get this thread pointed at them to hopefully get a response? Can sponsors be tagged? Trying but not sure who to tag

I guess I’ll try to take my own advice. @VERNEY-CARRON COLLECTION are you aware of this thread?

If so, there are quite a number of us who would like to see you respond to it. As you can see, the situation has already cost you a number of sales.

Is there a way to get this thread pointed at them to hopefully get a response? Can sponsors be tagged? Trying but not sure who to tag

I tried, I guess we’ll see if it works.

Yes I did buy it new in Johannesburg and then imported it to Zimbabwe, a huge exercise. I did report it to the gun shop there, but it seems the remedy will involve sending it back to France, ie re-exporting it from here to SA, then another permit to export it from there to France, then the same in reverse. Literally a 1 to 2 year exercise and I dont think I have the energy. I will nevertheless report it formally as I agree they need to know, but I am not holding my breath for a remedy. I am not angry with VC, they make excellent rifles, this was just a mistake I am sure.

Remedy was to send the rifle to France, as suggested by the dealer in JNB.
Sounds like Kevin chose not to do so.

It sucks that the export paperwork hassle (Zimbabwe and South Africa) is so onerous that you can't get your firearm repaired or replaced easily or reasonably.

If they sell their product here or in Zim then I'm sure they must have a procedure in place and KNOW the laws around it so that they can take it into their local dealer and ship it back for repairs... If it is an onerous task then surely they should either:

1. Only sell rifles that have been tested and fit for use.
or
2. Let potential customers know it is going to be near impossible to have it sent back for repairs.

If you sell an item that has near zero back-up where it is sold it is a business case doomed to failure. There are many handguns on the SA market that don't sell well due to the lack of back-up and spares availability, but buyers know this going in and will wait for parts to be ordered. It's vastly different for a top end double that can't shoot straight / dangerous and has to be sent back to the factory or have a local bodge job done.

The correct solution in this case, as it was a new rifle (not 2nd hand), would for VC to have taken the rifle back and exchanged for a new working rifle. No BS about sending it back to be fixed! They sold a defective product and it is not the purchasers responsibility to lose 1-2 years of their life to get the product for which they paid good money for.

Last edited:
If they sell their product here or in Zim then I'm sure they must have a procedure in place and KNOW the laws around it so that they can take it into their local dealer and ship it back for repairs... If it is an onerous task then surely they should either:

1. Only sell rifles that have been tested and fit for use.
or
2. Let potential customers know it is going to be near impossible to have it sent back for repairs.

If you sell an item that has near zero back-up where it is sold it is a business case doomed to failure. There are many handguns on the SA market that don't sell well due to the lack of back-up and spares availability, but buyers know this going in and will wait for parts to be ordered. It's vastly different for a top end double that can't shoot straight / dangerous and has to be sent back to the factory or have a local bodge job done.

The correct solution in this case, as it was a new rifle (not 2nd hand), would for VC to have taken the rifle back and exchanged for a new working rifle. No BS about sending it back to be fixed! They sold a defective product and it is not the purchasers responsibility to lose 1-2 years of their life to get the product for which they paid good money for.
100%. They know the laws where the purchaser resides and THEY sent a defective/dangerous gun, he has every right to decide not to send it back if it's easier and faster to have it replaced and VC should absolutely accommodate that IMO

I don’t understand why VC doesn’t weigh in on this thread. As Brickburn points out, we may have something wrong and it would sure be nice for them to set the record straight. All the advertising they are doing on AH may be for naught if they don’t.

I don’t understand why VC doesn’t weigh in on this thread. As Brickburn points out, we may have something wrong and it would sure be nice for them to set the record straight. All the advertising they are doing on AH may be for naught if they don’t.

I do not understand either… as far as I can tell they have provided no public response or solution to this topic. Only a private message to Kevin, from what I read.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreemanHar

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you