Alligator and Crocodile Teeth "Exploding"

If the croc and alligator skulls are done correctly each one of the teeth has a replacement tooth . When your beatle the skulls the teeth will become loose . Take all those teeth out , pull the replacements out and toss them . Drill all those tooth sockets to help get the grease out of the lower jaw . After your degreased and whitened , put cotton balls in the tooth sockets and use Elmer’s glue to put the teeth back in . Coat the skull and teeth with and acrylic paraloid to help preserve the skull and teeth . This also seals the teeth and keeps them from cracking . I’ve done a ton of them and never had any explode

I want to take the opportunity to thank you for this post, I was adverse to the idea of applying anything to the teeth or skulls but on reading up on Paraloids in general now see it could be great for strengthening some of my older skulls & applying to the teeth.

B-72 or B-66 seems to be the go & used by Museums & Conservers all over, I think combined with the paraffin inside the tusks it would be a great help ?

Thank you.

Oh on a side note found an awesome product & supplier for Bronzeing, as I have a few damaged skulls, a leopard amongst them, I can now repair them, including the teeth & Bronze them !
 
Paint it on with a brush , do the whole skull in order to seal it. If it’s to glossy you’ve got to much paraloid in your mix , you need to thin it down

Any chance you could post some pictures of the finished alligator skulls?

I was thinking of doing the first coat with a low percentage of around 5%. From what I understand that should soak up into the bone pretty well and help stabilize. Then possibly go higher for a finishing coat.
 
I’d have to dig deep to find any , I kept one of a monster I did for the swamp guys . I don’t normally keep pictures of customers skulls . I’ll see if I can find it
 
I’d have to dig deep to find any , I kept one of a monster I did for the swamp guys . I don’t normally keep pictures of customers skulls . I’ll see if I can find it
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1854.jpeg
    IMG_1854.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1853.jpeg
    IMG_1853.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1852.jpeg
    IMG_1852.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 76

Forum statistics

Threads
70,338
Messages
1,573,268
Members
169,732
Latest member
FaeAnders
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top