AH Members 2021 Dangerous Game Successes

41” Buffalo (my first) this August with Nahla Safaris Northwest Province. Single frontal with Federal TBBC .458 Lott at 32m.
Image1632798099.908477.jpg
Image1632798118.315507.jpg

D3973453-3C42-4469-B515-7D43DB2C3E29.jpeg

Solitary bull. Single broken tusker with Mbalabala Safaris. June 2021.

IMG_E5167.JPG

26 September 2021, De Klerk Safaris. 458 Lott with 480gr Woodleigh RSN 3 shots last was not really needed. Report to follow soon.

IMG-20210926-WA0046.jpg

Hunted with Jacques Spammer of JKO Safaris in the Kalahari in July and took a great old Buffalo ( took the buff on day seven of a six day hunt! ) and a 46“ sable.I then flew to Zimbabwe to hunt leopard with Wayne Van Den Bergh of Nyamazana Safaris and took this great leopard after spending 91 hours in a leopard blind and taking him with one night to spare! Hunt hard and never give up

View attachment 426753View attachment 426754View attachment 426757
That old buff is so special!

Congratulations to all our AH members for a fantastic season so far! Many leopards, buffalo and elephants taken, along with one rhino I noticed, but curiously not many lions… is there any particular reason to this?

I'm cheating a little here. Not my personal lion.
I was fortunate enough to tag along as an appie with one of zambia's top phs' and his client for a few days and was fortunate enough to be a part of their successful hunt
416Rigby, norma 450gr african ph ammo. performed perfectly.
A really nice old lion from the Luangwa Valley.

IMG_6252[1].JPG

IMG_6254[1].JPG

I'm cheating a little here. Not my personal lion.
I was fortunate enough to tag along as an appie with one of zambia's top phs' and his client for a few days and was fortunate enough to be a part of their successful hunt
416Rigby, norma 450gr african ph ammo. performed perfectly.
A really nice old lion from the Luangwa Valley.

View attachment 427941

View attachment 427942
That is a mind-blowing lion!!!

I was very fortunate to be able to hunt two of the big five this year during the week of 28 Aug - 3 Sep.

Both were shot with my 404 Jeff using 400gr Swift A-Frames at around 2180fps using VV N560.

The lion was hunted in North West, virtually on the Botswana border. It was a frontal shot from about 45m, the bullet performed flawlessly and he dropped on the spot. Bullet was found next to the spine on the inside.
Leeu.jpg

The buffalo was hunted on a property bordering the Kruger. After a nice stalk and a long time on the sticks, the bul noticed us (probably wind) and turned to face us. Again a frontal shot at about 30m and bul managed 50m before dropping. The A-Frame also performed flawlessly and was found in the heart.
Buffel.jpg

Good going 404 rock slinger. (y)

Good looking 404 Jeff there.

IMG_1108.JPG

Just been home a week, reports to follow later. 21 day and 22 specie SA safari 1-21 Aug 21. Sorry for crappy pic its only one I have of CB Lion from Kalahari, until photographers (sisters on hunt) finishes lockdown and can get the 6000 pics downloaded and sent.

Very exciting tracking hunt, until we found up a large tree, all everyone stated and more. Lion Cat 1, WAY bigger cat and better mane than I ever expected. Rem 700, 375 H&H, 260gr accubonds. If any of you are even remotely thinking of doing, all I can say is GO ASAP. Lifelong memories created this summer.

MB

Last edited:
I was very fortunate to be able to hunt two of the big five this year during the week of 28 Aug - 3 Sep.

Both were shot with my 404 Jeff using 400gr Swift A-Frames at around 2180fps using VV N560.

The lion was hunted in North West, virtually on the Botswana border. It was a frontal shot from about 45m, the bullet performed flawlessly and he dropped on the spot. Bullet was found next to the spine on the inside.
View attachment 427944

The buffalo was hunted on a property bordering the Kruger. After a nice stalk and a long time on the sticks, the bul noticed us (probably wind) and turned to face us. Again a frontal shot at about 30m and bul managed 50m before dropping. The A-Frame also performed flawlessly and was found in the heart.
View attachment 427945
I really like your 404

Reactions: CJW
View attachment 428202
Just been home a week, reports to follow later. 21 day and 22 specie SA safari 1-21 Aug 21. Sorry for crappy pic its only one I have of CB Lion from Kalahari, until photographers (sisters on hunt) finishes lockdown and can get the 6000 pics downloaded and sent.

Very exciting tracking hunt, until we found up a large tree, all everyone stated and more. Lion Cat 1, WAY bigger cat and better mane than I ever expected. Rem 700, 375 H&H, 260gr accubonds. If any of you are even remotely thinking of doing, all I can say is GO ASAP. Lifelong memories created this summer.

MB
Congratulations sir. A 21 day hunt must have been amazing.

Congratulations sir. A 21 day hunt must have been amazing.
Hunt was exciting, managed a 12+ croc, lots of "glamor" PG and all but 2 of the night stuff, honey badger and small spotted genet eluded me. We did see them, I missed shot at HB, 100+ yds, dark, wrong side of truck, light in eyes, movement on truck, any could be my excuse or as stated by observers I just got too dam excited. On genet I was told to wait for next property to shoot small spotted as there were "lots, tons" but after 5 nights we never seen one. Shame as I had in sights at 50 yds. Same for porcupine.

I will do a hunt report later. All who even dream of the CB lion should book now, there are deals on here that seam awesome. Don't wait.

MB

I wasn't allowed to go to Africa this year as planned unfortunately, but I managed a great hunt on our Aussie buffalo instead. We hunted in very remote central Arnhemland with Big Country Safaris and had a fantastic time. Highly recommended for a true stalking experience on foot, from a tented camp in true wilderness.

I used my Mk. X 458WM and 480gn Woodleigh RN. First shot on this old sweeper bull was right on dark, then we had an exciting pursuit down to the creek where he died right in the water after absorbing a further two shots. Luckily there were only freshwater crocodiles present, made for an interesting caping job under headtorch!

cheers
Tim

IMG_1237.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KathrinMcG

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!