AH Houston Texas Area

Kathy and I plan to be there!

Edit: Without swimsuits. Let your mind wander....

I told Nancy you would not be bringing a swim suit. I can't replicate the look she gave.

Check your texts.

@Buff-Buster will try and holler at you tomorrow but think we may head down Friday evening to help with that brisket. :V Butt Kick:

The worst load I shot today was pretty decent, but I had several that were lights out. I think I'm going to settle at 77-78 grains.

Nice. Congratulations on working up your first DG handload?

Nice. Congratulations on working up your first DG handload?

Thanks!

Yes, this was the first big bore load. Once I figured out the flare of the case the rest was easy.

Working up loads can be just like hunting.

Sometimes the quarry is elusive. Sometimes they drop into your lap.

Regardless of scenario, there is always a reward.

To twist a popular saw here on AH...sometimes you just have to accept what the loading bench will give you!

Working up loads can be just like hunting.

Sometimes the quarry is elusive. Sometimes they drop into your lap.

Regardless of scenario, there is always a reward.

To twist a popular saw here on AH...sometimes you just have to accept what the loading bench will give you!

He had some awesome help........ :rolleyes::whistle:

Hope you guys have fun down there!

Drink a few beers for me! Would love to come and meet everyone but I'm stuck in the sandbox until Sept 8. On a lighter note it did hit 66 C heat index here today.....................:Wtf:

Drink a few beers for me! Would love to come and meet everyone but I'm stuck in the sandbox until Sept 8. On a lighter note it did hit 66 C heat index here today.....................:Wtf:

I will try not to complain about the weather today!!

Heading out in about 45 minutes...

Oh my....... I'll stop crying about the weather in Phoenix now.

It is 0140 and Kathy and I just got home.

We had a great visit at Wes and Sandy's. Royal and Nandy, and Cody and Dana were in attendance...as were several of the Reagan children/grandchildren.

No telling how many lies were propagated. I also believe at least three hunts were planned. The food was great!

I lost my man-card due to the pitiful number of guns I own, and Cody will from here on out be called Bwana.

Anyone who thought about coming out and didn't....you messed up!

Wes and Sandy,
Sure appreciate the hospitality and fine meal. It was great seeing everyone and enjoyed all the tales! Looking forward to next year already. Next year I am going to inspect my Scotch bottle better, seems there was a hole in the one I had last night as it was empty this morning!
Cheers,
Cody

It was truly a great time and Wes and Sandy were very gracious hosts. I'm very grateful to have been invited into their home.

Their place is fantastic and the trophy room was not done justice by the pictures I had previously seen.

The fellowship was great and as @tarbe said, many lies were told, but mainly my the women folk (that's my story and I'm sticking to it ). :D

20170708_152725.jpg

20170708_173934.jpg

20170708_170409.jpg

20170708_170455.jpg

WelshSheep.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Could not agree more - Wes and Sandy really hosted a nice afternoon/evening!

A repeat will definitely be a "must-do" event...not to be missed. Even if just to hear Sandy tell of a couple hunting stories involving Rhino and coolers of beer!

Kathy has already nominated late February or early March...to include smores around a campfire!

I will start stocking up on "supplies" now!

And I do need to be honest.... I always try and share the bad along with the good ....

There could have been more potato salad. It was really good, but I got the sense that folks didn't take as much as they wanted because they were afraid that not everyone would get some.

The sad part was that Wes wanted to make more and Sandy wouldn't let him. It was a bit of a buzz kill.... :whistle:

:A Outta:

Last edited:
It was truly a great time and Wes and Sandy were very gracious hosts. I'm very grateful to have been invited into their home.

Their place is fantastic and the trophy room was not done justice by the pictures I had previously seen.

The fellowship was great and as @tarbe said, many lies were told, but mainly my the women folk (that's my story and I'm sticking to it ). :D

View attachment 194690

lol - in that first picture, the caption could read: "Tim sits at the feet of the master Cody, listing with rapt attention, while Wes' mind wanders as he thinks to himself "I've heard this B.S. story 5 times and it gets more unbelievable every time I hear it".

And I do need to be honest.... I always try and share the bad along with the good ....

There could have been more potato salad. It was really good, but I got the sense that folks didn't take as much as they wanted because they were afraid that not everyone would get some.

The sad part was that Wes wanted to make more and Sandy wouldn't let him. It was a bit of a buzz kill.... :whistle:

:A Outta:

You are so lucky Sandy is not on here..... :V Axe:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roll_the_Knob!

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.