AH Get Together In Dallas During Dallas Safari Club (DSC) Convention 2022

Not yet, checking this thread daily hoping to see it posted.:D Cheers:

Anyone know anything about the Statler hotel? I had booked at the Aloft but then I found out my parents were coming and they got us all rooms there on points, and let's be honest, I ain't turning down the free hotel room. Ha ha. It looks like it is a little farther from the convention than the Aloft but it looks pretty decent on the web page. Plus there is an Irish Pub across the street that does breakfast. Love me some guiness for breakfast

Anyone know anything about the Statler hotel? I had booked at the Aloft but then I found out my parents were coming and they got us all rooms there on points, and let's be honest, I ain't turning down the free hotel room. Ha ha. It looks like it is a little farther from the convention than the Aloft but it looks pretty decent on the web page. Plus there is an Irish Pub across the street that does breakfast. Love me some guiness for breakfast
Had McDonald’s ever built a hotel it would have been the Aloft. Unless you are into post modern concrete and fast food, count your blessings.

Speaking of the McDonald's of hotels, is Howard Johnsons still a hotel?

The company that I worked for put me up in one for a week one time and I was glad that was during my drinking days

What does a first timer have to do to attend.do I have to be a member?advance tickets? Best days? what to attend? Other things happening? How much money to bring? I'm used to traveling so flights and hotels I understand.

What does a first timer have to do to attend.do I have to be a member?advance tickets? Best days? what to attend? Other things happening? How much money to bring? I'm used to traveling so flights and hotels I understand.
Go to the DSC web site. You can buy your tickets on line at $20 or so per day. You pick the days you want to attend. This year you have to sign a No Hold Harm clause. "If you get sick you can't blame them". How much money you want to bring and spend is completely up to you. You can buy anything there but of course you can't take any firearms home. It has to be be sent to your FFL. There are DSC events every night....Up to you if you want to buy a ticket and go. They are all on the web site. There are a ton of restaurants and bars in downtown Dallas to go to at night if you choose. (Some are still not fully operational due to Covid). If you go and you are a hunter, you will have a great time.

Normally you would just need to arrange accommodations and show up!

Best days... simple answer is all of them! Some like Sunday for getting the best buys on things on clearance or exhibitors just not wanting to haul stuff out. But there is also the negative that it gets rushed with peope wanting to get packed up and out. Saturday is probably the busiest with locals driving in. I like Thursday and Friday best, everyone is still fresh and not as crowded. But I'm buying tickets for all 4 days;)

Number one for my wifecand I to attend is the Friday night AH dinner:) But there are lots of DSC things in the evenings (probably really important to buy those tickets in advance). If not attending DSC evening events (I never have), it's great to line up with friends and Outfitters and go out to eat.

I've never bought ahead in the past. I signed up for a 3 year membership at the door and got some free entry tickets. Making the membership pretty reasonable. And then always just bought entry tickets at the door the other years.

However this year, just in case they decided to limit attendance last minute.... I may just buy ahead. I looked last night and you can get 4 days for $55. 3 for $45. Pretty cheap;)

How much money? Are you shopping for optics, a Heym, Chapuis, Kreigoff, Rigby... Clothes from the likes of TAG or shoes from Courtney or Russell? Leather products, a fur coat? Jewelry, bronze staues, polished rock with fossils in them, Mammoth tooth or tusk fine knives? Down payment on a hunt,, or more than one.. Top end Holland & Holland? May need over $250,000.

Minimum would be entry tickets, lunches and supper. Maybe some Uber funding.

Hope you make and have tons of fun! Maybe book a hunt:)

So, how much longer can we wait before trying to set up something? At this late date, we may have to just reserve an area in a pay as you go bar ala SCI. Too bad.

I’ve been in with flights and hotel booked. Just waiting for either AH Friday night dinner or Phillip Glass will get the Zim team together for a separate dinner if no AH

I need a place to shower and sleep. I spend about 9 hours a day in the hotel. 7 to 8 of those hours are spent sleeping. No flee bag hotels for me, but basic is just fine.

I'm sure this is gonna throw a wrench in the DSC.
I'm sure it is.. For those not clicking the link, not only RSA, but Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia and Mozambique are all included.

Interesting limited observation between South Africa and Tanzania (not on the list). Tanzania is all business as usual and seems to not be having issues. South Africa has been locked up almost from the beginning and then open with lots of restrictions. In Tanzania the only places I saw people wearing masks were in the airports. We even visited a busy market and had no ill effects. Been home a month now. Tanzania has been open for business!

No doubts Covid-19 is real. But the way too much of the World is addressing it does not seem to be effective in doing much other than destroying business and economies. And with more deaths where people are tightly restricted than where they are left to make their own decisions.

I‘m afraid that we’ll miss our friends from Southern Africa at the conventions, assuming that the conventions aren‘t canceled outright. Travel bans seem to last a lot longer than a couple of months. The border with Canada was closed for a long time…..way longer than necessary. What a shame.

I'm sure it is.. For those not clicking the link, not only RSA, but Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia and Mozambique are all included.

Interesting limited observation between South Africa and Tanzania (not on the list). Tanzania is all business as usual and seems to not be having issues. South Africa has been locked up almost from the beginning and then open with lots of restrictions. In Tanzania the only places I saw people wearing masks were in the airports. We even visited a busy market and had no ill effects. Been home a month now. Tanzania has been open for business!

No doubts Covid-19 is real. But the way too much of the World is addressing it does not seem to be effective in doing much other than destroying business and economies. And with more deaths where people are tightly restricted than where they are left to make their own decisions.
How come Kenya isn't mentioned for these travel bans? I noticed that during the last ban they weren't on there either. Do they have a Covid proof dome over the country?

How come Kenya isn't mentioned for these travel bans? I noticed that during the last ban they weren't on there either. Do they have a Covid proof dome over the country?
They seem convinced that only Southern African nations are a concern, hence Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, et al are not included. Interesting that three non African nations have detected the virus but there is no talk of a travel ban with them.

I will be there regardless of what is going on. Look forward to seeing everyone there!
I’ve been in with flights and hotel booked. Just waiting for either AH Friday night dinner or Phillip Glass will get the Zim team together for a separate dinner if no AH

They seem convinced that only Southern African nations are a concern, hence Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, et al are not included. Interesting that three non African nations have detected the virus but there is no talk of a travel ban with them.
Even though it was Egypt that had the case that arrived in Europe!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg