AfricaHunting.com migrating again to a new more powerful dedicated server

There I was, having a total fecal day in a mediation and I think " I know what will cheer me up...A quick dose of AH....But no! Denied as the server was down:cry: man left jones'n for AH, not good. :LOL:

It does seem to be faster. No problems so far so I guess I will forgive the social media interuptis. Good thing I had vodka and Kahlua to melt my ice when I got home.

The only thing I found different was when I tried upload a 2.54MB image. Server didn't like it. Said it was too big. Unless I'm mistaken (which I'm told is quite often) I don't recall having that issue on the old server.

Congrats Jerome.

The response time is very fast!

Thanks everyone! Good to hear that the site is more responsive and loads faster! Really happy about that (y) :).

The search function is back.

Seems great. Thanks for all your efforts.

The only thing I found different was when I tried upload a 2.54MB image. Server didn't like it. Said it was too big. Unless I'm mistaken (which I'm told is quite often) I don't recall having that issue on the old server.
@8x68, Thank you so much for that (y)... A setting that was overlooked during the migration and an issue that should now be resolved.

Hi Everyone! AH will be down for 2 to 4 hours very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Last edited:
Since the migration took place, I am getting strange character strings on the mobile app, reading posts with......
<Br/><Br>/3 /<BR>/

These are in many of the posts scattered throughout paragraphs.

Anyway to fix this on my end?

Since the migration took place, I am getting strange character strings on the mobile app, reading posts with......
<Br/><Br>/3 /<BR>/

These are in many of the posts scattered throughout paragraphs.

Anyway to fix this on my end?
Not sure what is happening here... this sounds like an issue on your side. Try closing the App entirely and updating it. Rebooting your mobile device may be a good thing to do as well.

I logged out of the app, rebooted, and logged back in.

Everything looks normal now.

Thank you!

I logged out of the app, rebooted, and logged back in.

Everything looks normal now.

Thank you!
Classic tech troubleshooting. Power cycle is always the first thing I do, but if I end up calling tech support they make me (translated, tell me) do.

However, this app does periodically make me log in again.

I'm sorry to say but AH will be down again for maintenance for 2 to 4 hours very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

We're back! (y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriBlorm

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg