Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england

Professor Mawla

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Good evening @Scrumbag
Perhaps this article of mine may interest you ?
Long story short ; my personal favorite happens to be the .458 Winchester Magnum but a neophyte to the world of dangerous game hunting will do well to opt for a .375 H&H Magnum .

RayAtkinson

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI Dallas
Hunted
RSA, Botswana, CAR, Tanzania, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique, Kenya way back when, and a few others that I can't remember.
I used the 416 REm and the 404 Jefferys for years and could not tell any difference in the two on buffalo hippo, and I used the 450-400 double and it suited me...I used the .470 and 500 N>E. and decided they were just too damn heavy on those long trecks and slow to get back on targets ..

My favorite bullets were the North Fork cup points and Woodlieghs 450 gr. 40 caliber bullets..

Never felt a need for the bigger bores after a few kills, results were the same...A stopper is a plug that keeps water in a tub, good shooting with proper bullets to the brain or spine is what kills large animals pumped full of adreline in their tracks..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yahepeus

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frank375 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
I am going to Tanzania the 1st of September and want to know what weight Darn Tough socks you recommend.Thanks,Frank.
Lee wrote on kclark4094's profile.
Sir, Did you sell all of your .404 Jeffery rounds you had listed in Sept 2020? Any left? Let me know. Thanks.
eballo wrote on doubleboy's profile.
Is the Parker still for sale?
hunt 65 wrote on Bullthrower338's profile.
You ever sell the Hyme 458 Lott?