A Square Ammunition

LRich

AH senior member
Reaction score
I just don't see much mention of A Square ammunition. Any reason? I shoot both the 375 Weatherby and 404 Jeffery and they load both calibers in their Triad of bullets. Just looking for some comments from those of you that have used them or knowledge of performance of them being used.

Ole Bally

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Zimbabwe
A Square are not in business anymore to the best of my knowledge, I think their ammo side was bought out by another manufacturer. They used to 'test' a lot of their ammo here in Zimbabwe in the early 90's. They made very good ammo but very 'blocky' rifles - they felt very cumbersome to the hand!! I used their ammo in my .458 Win mag and the felt recoil was remarkably higher than that of factory Federal Premium! I never did Crono it, but Art Alphin claimed that he made ammo to spec! If the original caliber spec called for 'X' velocity then that's what he gave you! I never had failure on any of my Elephant brain shots if that's any recommendation!

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
there is a website a-squareco.com in glenrock wyoming, that comes up as a-square rifles and ammunition, but it seems to have got closed down in feb this year.

LRich

AH senior member
Reaction score
It seems that A-Square Ammo is closed down. I've called the different numbers for them and they all say "this number has been disconnected." Also sent them an email asking for phone number and have not received an answer.

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england

LRich

AH senior member
Reaction score
spike.t thanks for this and yes according to the newspaper article they have closed and closed the plant in Dakota that produced A-Square ammo. Looks like the new owners are going to try to make a go of it. Wish them luck.

505Gibbs

Reaction score
Member of
NRA Life
It is unfortunate indeed esp. for those that don't have a supply of brass of the unique calibers they offered for their rifles - makes them more than useless unless they're rebarreled etc.
Hope the new owners can make it go.

577Tyran

Reaction score
A-square

It is unfortunate indeed esp. for those that don't have a supply of brass of the unique calibers they offered for their rifles - makes them more than useless unless they're rebarreled etc.
Hope the new owners can make it go.

The new owners took over in the fall of 2011 from Mike Blank. Long story short, Mike Blank destroyed what Aplhin had been doing..

As of the end of March the new owners have a new agreement with the town council of glenrock.. lets hope they can get things going, but this depends on their business outlook..

I have a Hannibal in 577 Tyrannosaur, and I do not appreciate my rifle not being supported by the factory any longer.. their 'new' phone number is 888-541-1131.

Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PattyQ0454

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tally-Ho Hunting Safaris wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver
bowjijohn wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Many thanks for re formatting my article for the forum

I served my time in both the bush and during the bush war

I hope it did it justice

Education is where it is at - without it the wild places are history

You - sir - are well placed to make a difference

J