A New To Me Rifle

If you are just using it for general hunting and not DG, I do think a 8x scope would be helpful dialing in at 100 yards at the range. Depends how picky you are with groups and zeros.

Beings you have a scope already, um not sure i would incur the extra expense and trouble though

curt, typically the scopes for DG rifles are 1/2moa or even 1cm per click. What that means is all the zoom in the world doesnt really help as you’re always a bit off in one direction or another. The best groups I’ve ever shot at 100 yards were ironically with a 4x Pso scope on a real dragunov...sick accurate. 8x isn’t going to add too much benefit at the range for a 375hh.

I think Pachmayer makes a Decelearator pad in red (i would keep the color as it's very pleasing on the Ruger No. 1). I have a Decelerator on my 500 Jeffery and it works just fine. I think your scope is about perfect too

I think Pachmayer makes a Decelearator pad in red (i would keep the color as it's very pleasing on the Ruger No. 1). I have a Decelerator on my 500 Jeffery and it works just fine. I think your scope is about perfect too
I have a red decelerator on my McMillan stock. When I ordered he asked if I wanted red?

I have a red decelerator on my McMillan stock. When I ordered he asked if I wanted red?

‘it’s pachmyer old English and no longer made. What you want Is a necg red pad. Looks like a silvers but eats recoil. Comes in 5/8” through 1-1/4”.

Congratulations on the newest addition.

As for the scope...
Why not sell the 1.75-6 and the 2-8.
Invest that money back into a VX5HD 1-5x24.

Congratulations on the newest addition.

As for the scope...
Why not sell the 1.75-6 and the 2-8.
Invest that money back into a VX5HD 1-5x24.
This actually what I am now considering doing after all of the previous advice. I was not looking specifically at the Leupold you identified, but at a Trijicon Accupoint. I am in no hurry on getting a new scope so I have some time to do some research.

‘it’s pachmyer old English and no longer made. What you want Is a necg red pad. Looks like a silvers but eats recoil. Comes in 5/8” through 1-1/4”.
Thank you, I will definitely be looking into this.

Please excuse my naivety, what does a Legendary Arms Work Safety offer over the existing safety?

As far as the scope, I would be keeping it if it had the heavy duplex, but unfortunately it does not. Thus I am going to remove it and recoup some of my costs, as I know there is more value in it than my existing 2.5-8.
It offers a more positive removal of the safety and it does not cause the shell to hang up on ejection. It also looks very smart compared to the bowed oem unit.
The original safety is textured and tall. What can happen during ejection is that a belt or rim of a large caliber (375 and up are good examples) you can end up with it getting stuck. The change out of the safety is very simple and its an inexpensive upgrade. It ensures that the cartridge will eject past the safety during ejection. Highly, highly recommend.
The original safety is LONG and scantily textured in my opinion. The length of the tab is what catches the shell upon ejection. This is not a problem with an open sighted rifle. The case just tumbles and clears. The issue arises when a scope is mounted low and the spent case tumbles into the scope body and bounces back into the action race.

The safety you guys are talking about was/is the Trop safety. Sounds like they threw in with LAW and may have gone out of business. I looked both up and find nothing current on the safety.
One of the mail order houses may have one.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 8.18.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 8.18.58 AM.png
    7.3 MB · Views: 49
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 8.19.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 8.19.01 AM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
I looked there but didn't see them. Have a number for the part or anything?

Thanks, I couldn't find it under parts.

LOL. Yeah, see it now. The pic of it threw me, looks like something else and didn't read the description! Doh!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg