A good friend whose a lefty needs two guns!

Jetjockey

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I’ve got a buddy who’s wife just won him a 10 day hunting trip in RSA. He has a couple decent rifles, but non are African style rifles, and I believe they are all Semi-auto. The problem is he is a lefty. He found what looks to be a very nice new Sako 85 30-06 in left hand, and an older Sako AV 375 H&H in left hand. He’s going to hunt plains game and probably buffalo. I know Sako makes a great rifle, but I don’t have a ton of experience with them. Anyone on AH have any input? TIA

Btw. I don’t think he wants to rent a rifle, and he has plenty of money so that’s not an issue.

As a lefty myself, I think he would be hard pressed to find better left hand commercially available rifles than the sako. Both the model 85 and older AV action are great actions and barrel quality is excellent. I would grab them up and not think twice.

Another brand he could consider is Blaser. R8 rifles can be easily converted from RH to LH or vice versa. Since you can disassemble the rifle, it will be easier to travel with it as well.

If he wants a double rifle then he can checkout Ralf Martini’s website. He has a couple of LH Heym 89B.

Savage makes more left handed rifles than most other manufacturers. Look and see if they do one of the 375 Ruger offerings in it and if not call their custom shop.

I’ve seen some custom/semi custom LH rifles over the years in 375 H&H but they’re few and far between

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KayleighFa

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you