A 378 Weatherby Mag Custom Brevex - Marquart & Leonard MewsHello All,Over the years I have posted about the Brevex Custom Rifles in my collection

buckstix

AH veteran
Reaction score
Website
www.buckstix.com
Media
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
US - CANADA
A 378 Weatherby Mag Custom Brevex - Marquart & Leonard Mews

Hello All,

Over the years I have posted about the Brevex Custom Rifles in my collection. I now have 14 Brevex rifles but somehow this wonderful rifle got missed, so I share the info now. I purchased this on Gunbroker exactly 8 years ago on Feb. 14, 2016. It was my 7th Brevex, and one of my favorites. This one is special because although I collect Brevex rifles, I also collect rifles stocked by Leonard Mews. According to Roy Weatherby, as written in his autobiography, "... Lenny (Leonard Mews) was my first and best stock maker ..." Leonard Mews is also credited with designing the distinctive Weatherby stock as it exists today. (although Roy writes that he dressed it up a bit) Leonard's classic checkering design is evident on this rifle and the precision wood to metal fit is amazing. I tell people one way to recognize Lenard's work is to use a magnifying glass and look for a single flaw in the checkering. If you find one, its not a Mews stock.

Overall wear shows this compact Big Bore must have been hunted hard. The floorplate shows a decal with range information for scope and iron sights with data out to 600 yards. Not unrealistic for the powerful 378 Wby Mag cartridge.

as always your comments are welcome

MEWS378-00.jpg

MEWS378-000.jpg

The 14 Brevex rifles collected to date ...

brevex14.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you provide links to other show-casings of your brevex rifles?

to find posts about my brevex rifles ....

search .... GOOGLE IMAGE ... with the words ..... brevex buckstix .... then click.... See more anyway .... at the bottom of the page

The best Magnum Mauser actions ever made. They directly inspired Mike Roden to built the Granite Mountain Arms African Magnum Mauser action.

P.S: E. Dumoulin also built a few .505 Gibbs rifles on Brevex Magnum Mauser actions. Dr. Kevin “Doctari” Robertson owns one. Absolutely beautiful work of art.

Wow, that rifle truly is a work of art!

The best Magnum Mauser actions ever made. They directly inspired Mike Roden to built the Granite Mountain Arms African Magnum Mauser action.

P.S: E. Dumoulin also built a few .505 Gibbs rifles on Brevex Magnum Mauser actions. Dr. Kevin “Doctari” Robertson owns one. Absolutely beautiful work of art.
Yes, a couple of my Brevex Mausers are Belgium proofed, likely Dumoulen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TomDelany

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you