7MM Mauser

BARTFRNCS

AH enthusiast
Joined
Apr 28, 2011
Messages
304
Reaction score
45
Media
12
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
RMEF DU SCI NRA
Hunted
CAR CANADA MEXICO USA RSA
getting all nostalgic thinking of going for a larger Kudu with the 7x57 this season.
 
Do it.

I've had a 7x57 built for my next trip to Africa. With a Lothar Walther barrel and long euro throat it shoots 154, 160 and 175 weight projectiles brilliantly.

I've found the premium 175's a bit to 'tough' for 7x57 speeds so will probably use a 160 Woodleigh.
 
Can't wait to read the hunting report and see some pictures, best of luck, as always. You have picked a fantastic caliber...

With proper shot placement it should serve you well...
 
getting all nostalgic thinking of going for a larger Kudu with the 7x57 this season.

i have a .275 rigby and its a lovely little rifle:thumb:, but bart dont tell me you are thinking of using a little deer rifle on a big kudu!:laughing:
 
my rifle of choice for whitetails is a Dakota 7X57. I've never taken it to Africa but have been sorely tempted to. I'll b looking forward to your report.
 
Bart, I say go for it. The 7x57 is a great cartridge and will take a Kudu no problem. Over the years I took at least 6 Sambar deer with one and at around 600lb per animal had no problems. As always use good bullets and place your shot in the proper place and you will have your Kudu.
 
Spike T is rite just kidding I'll use my 375 H&H.
 
In all honesty I willuse this old workhorse. it shoots fairly flat out to 300meters and packs a punch.
 
One of the best 7mm rounds out there IMO.
 
I wouldn't mind a 7x57, I love my 7 mm Rem mag a lot.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,344
Messages
1,573,575
Members
169,761
Latest member
ConradMeji
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top