600 Overkill? Anyone..

Daniel Cary

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
I may be completely mistaken, however, It's my understanding manufacturers of doubles are no longer making the 600.? 577's the largest standard stopping rifle, I thought? ...
And short of a $200K price Tag .. This 600 OK can be built for a fraction. As this may be pushing the envelope of novelty vs necessity, they can be quite beautiful and pivotal to a buyer segment in the market for a 600.
Has anyone had experience with a 600 OK?
Thank You. Regards, Dan.
600 O.K..jpg

I may be completely mistaken, however, It's my understanding manufacturers of doubles are no longer making the 600.? 577's the largest standard stopping rifle, I thought? .....[/ATTACH]

VC makes them. There is brand new .600 NE for sale for 30K as a matter of fact.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...-azur-imperial-600-nitro.cfm?gun_id=101397405

Also, Peter Hofer (of Austria) will build you a 4 bore shooting a 2,000 grain projectile. You will need a gun bearer though as it weighs 27.5 pounds. ;) Took the pic at SCI show.

rYN0BHOl.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 10.48.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 10.48.41 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 251
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 10.48.43 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 10.48.43 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 212
  • rYN0BHOl.jpg
    rYN0BHOl.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
I may be completely mistaken, however, It's my understanding manufacturers of doubles are no longer making the 600.? 577's the largest standard stopping rifle, I thought? ...
And short of a $200K price Tag .. This 600 OK can be built for a fraction. As this may be pushing the envelope of novelty vs necessity, they can be quite beautiful and pivotal to a buyer segment in the market for a 600.
Thank You. Regards, Dan. View attachment 355418
Westley Richards , Holland & Holland and Verney Carron shall readily build you a double barreled rifle ... Which is chambered in .600 Nitro Express .

Now could we see that without the muzzle brake?

The ultimate product through which scrawny bearded millennials can express metro-sexual frustration? Or perhaps merely the latest classic imperfect solution for the non-existent problem.

The ultimate product through which scrawny bearded millennials can express metro-sexual frustration? Or perhaps merely the latest classic imperfect solution for the non-existent problem.
how else are you supposed to put down the dangerous cows in the background?

Thank You. Regards, Dan. View attachment 355416

Wrong here you are...:D

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...-azur-imperial-600-nitro.cfm?gun_id=101397405

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 3.33.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 3.33.53 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 233
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 3.33.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 3.33.55 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 338
Considering a stopping caliber such as the .600's is a huge endeavor.
Not much the .600's are doing that the .500's aren't doing...and at a considerable cost savings.
Why a .600 and not one of the more popular stopping calibers like .470, .500 or .577?
Are the deer in Michigan really THAT big?

I believe Verney Carron still builds 600 NE doubles. I cant remember the price but they had one at the last SCI show i went to a few years back.

I admit i have not shot a 600 OK (i have fired a 600 NE though) but i put some real consideration into buying one at one point. I ended up passing on both the 600 NE/OK and 700 NE as real hunting options because in order for the guns to be controllable they either have to be so heavy that they are too much trouble for me to carry in the bush OR you have to use a ridiculous muzzle break such as the one in this video (I firmly believe muzzle breaks have no business in the field!).

-Matt

Hello Dan,

Welcome aboard.

The 600 ok and the 577tr were designed and built for people who are damned serious about immediately stopping dg and can handle the brutal recoil that they produce. And truthfully Dan...... there are damned few who actually can and even fewer who hit the planet earth with a second shot if they miss with the first.

There will be some "Safari Sams" & "Bwana Bills" who just can't wait to cough up some horse apples in an insulting manner against anyone who may be thinking about possibly getting a rifle in a round they they most likely have never shot and have probably never even seen, but should you really want one I would only suggest that you find one and get to fire one first.

Those two calibers are really no fun to shoot. A 460 Weatherby is a pleasure to shoot by comparison and the 458 Winchester is a toy.

Wow! I’m going to stick with my 505 Gibbs as the most gun I carry into the bush.

Hello Dan,

Welcome aboard.

The 600 ok and the 577tr were designed and built for people who are damned serious about immediately stopping dg and can handle the brutal recoil that they produce. And truthfully Dan...... there are damned few who actually can and even fewer who hit the planet earth with a second shot if they miss with the first.

There will be some "Safari Sams" & "Bwana Bills" who just can't wait to cough up some horse apples in an insulting manner against anyone who may be thinking about possibly getting a rifle in a round they they most likely have never shot and have probably never even seen, but should you really want one I would only suggest that you find one and get to fire one first.

Those two calibers are really no fun to shoot. A 460 Weatherby is a pleasure to shoot by comparison and the 458 Winchester is a toy.

Yikes!!

That of course was a promo vid for MNR & the picture was Wayne's work @ AHR. "Very Nice indeed"
There's certainly more than a few seriously impractical ideas out there, understood. However, the curiosity of anyone who may have experienced this just got my attn!

Thank You though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillianaLe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg