500 Jeffrey Help!

Daniel Cary

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
This AHR was found online in the interest of a long running search for a 500 Jeffrey. I have yet to have completed an online transaction as it can be precarious at 1st & don't really know what to expect … however, in short, this looks a little erroneous imo,?!? If anyone can correct me in the condition of the bore, I greatly appreciate it. Thank You! Dan.
pix449775849.jpg

pix155799935.jpg

When shopping online there is always a risk that the seller is a scammer with nothing to sell and that the photos of the item for sale were just stolen from someone else on the internet so one tip to avoid getting scammed with that method is to ask for specific photos. Ask the seller to send you a couple of unusual very specific photos of the item for sale, for instance if selling a rifle ask the seller to send you a picture of the rifle with their thumb covering the end of the barrel and another with their hand holding the scope. You can certainly suspect that something is not right if they won’t do this.

jerome wrote this, and i think it is most excellent advice. good luck with your purchase

Daniel, if you wind up with this rifle, please keep us advised as to how well it performs at the range. I have two 404 Jeffery caliber rifles that shoot slightly under 1 MOA. I hope "yours" will do that as well.

Daniel, if you wind up with this rifle, please keep us advised as to how well it performs at the range. I have two 404 Jeffery caliber rifles that shoot slightly under 1 MOA. I hope "yours" will do that as well.

Thank You Sir, as you'll be 1st to know .. Contacting the seller today, no bids were placed last week while its been relisted. Beautiful AHR overall from all other aspects. yikes..

Daniel, I "found" this rifle's listing. Two observations, Berkley is an up-scale community where a rifle of this type might be found. Second I didn't see any mention of it being built or worked on at AHR. This might have come from CZ's Custom Shop i.e. Triple River. If this deal goes through and you want some more info on the rifle you can contact Harlan or his daughter Megan @ Triple river Gunsmithing at (660) 438 - 2004. BTW this might be a rifle that was built some time ago. I purchased one of my 404(s) in 2016 (unfired) that was built in 2006.

The bore just looks a little dirty with some copper fouling. You might also ask for the SER# and call AHR and see if they ever worked on a CZ 500 Jeff with a ser# of??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross