500 Jeffrey Help!

Daniel Cary

AH legend
Joined
Oct 22, 2019
Messages
2,755
Reaction score
4,046
Location
Michigan
Media
37
This AHR was found online in the interest of a long running search for a 500 Jeffrey. I have yet to have completed an online transaction as it can be precarious at 1st & don't really know what to expect … however, in short, this looks a little erroneous imo,?!? If anyone can correct me in the condition of the bore, I greatly appreciate it. Thank You! Dan.
pix449775849.jpg


pix155799935.jpg
 
When shopping online there is always a risk that the seller is a scammer with nothing to sell and that the photos of the item for sale were just stolen from someone else on the internet so one tip to avoid getting scammed with that method is to ask for specific photos. Ask the seller to send you a couple of unusual very specific photos of the item for sale, for instance if selling a rifle ask the seller to send you a picture of the rifle with their thumb covering the end of the barrel and another with their hand holding the scope. You can certainly suspect that something is not right if they won’t do this.

jerome wrote this, and i think it is most excellent advice. good luck with your purchase
 
Daniel, if you wind up with this rifle, please keep us advised as to how well it performs at the range. I have two 404 Jeffery caliber rifles that shoot slightly under 1 MOA. I hope "yours" will do that as well.
 
Daniel, if you wind up with this rifle, please keep us advised as to how well it performs at the range. I have two 404 Jeffery caliber rifles that shoot slightly under 1 MOA. I hope "yours" will do that as well.

Thank You Sir, as you'll be 1st to know .. Contacting the seller today, no bids were placed last week while its been relisted. Beautiful AHR overall from all other aspects. yikes..
 
Daniel, I "found" this rifle's listing. Two observations, Berkley is an up-scale community where a rifle of this type might be found. Second I didn't see any mention of it being built or worked on at AHR. This might have come from CZ's Custom Shop i.e. Triple River. If this deal goes through and you want some more info on the rifle you can contact Harlan or his daughter Megan @ Triple river Gunsmithing at (660) 438 - 2004. BTW this might be a rifle that was built some time ago. I purchased one of my 404(s) in 2016 (unfired) that was built in 2006.
 
The bore just looks a little dirty with some copper fouling. You might also ask for the SER# and call AHR and see if they ever worked on a CZ 500 Jeff with a ser# of??
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,357
Messages
1,574,072
Members
169,895
Latest member
PatriceWal
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top