AH member
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
DSC and SCI
Hunted
South Africa/Zimbabwe
Can anyone help me find ammunition, components, brass anything. I am at a total loss and so frustrated I might just sell this rifle at a loss after just one week!

Give me a call or Pm. Can check inventory on Monday

I did quick search. I’m mistaken.
All I can get or might have is
450/400 3inch
I don’t think I have any 3 1/4 inch ammo

I appreciate it I will keep searching!

Does anyone know definitely if you can load 450/400 3" in a 450/400 3 1/4?

Kynoch (Kynamco) in England can supply ammo...at a price, at least they could 6 months ago..

Hornady USED to offer brass for the .450/400 Nitro Express 3 1/4". But it's unfortunately been discontinued now for several years.

Can anyone help me find ammunition, components, brass anything. I am at a total loss and so frustrated I might just sell this rifle at a loss after just one week!

Have you checked with Hendershot’s in Maryland?

I looked on Henershots website they only listed the 3" version* I am going.to give them a call tomorrow, Kynoch doesn't have any listed.in stock but it does show they produce them. As far.as price.goes.when your in the safari and double rifle game it comes with the territory.

I have about 200x unfired Hornady brass in .450-400 3&1/4”.

Unfortunately it is in SA. I’ll be willing to sell if we can get it legally to you, without it costing an arm and a leg

Try Hallowell and Co. He had some he was including with a rifle he has for sale. He may have more.

Do you have dies?
Do you have a shell holder?
What diameter bullet does it shoot? It can be anywhere from .408 to .411.

Image1669628273.567086.jpg

Here are four of the boxes. I’ll post the other 6 tonight.

Brass only.

I would like to warn you from experience.

Before you invest much money in loaded ammunition, that factory ammunition may not regulate.

I once had a very accurate George Gibbs .450-.400 3 1/4. It was only accurate my reloads. If you like I can furnish you the loading information. I strongly recommend you get your bore diameter determined.

Lon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg