4457 Update

I have a customs office withing 4 miles of me that will not accept that copy or you typing in the information. The first time I went into them they took the form that I had typed the information into and verified the serial numbers, they then went into their office and hand wrote that information onto a official 4457.

The office that I used 10 months ago that was 140 miles away accepted the pre filled out form.
That's funny. I have no issues with them generating more work for themselves. In my case typed info is fine. I have to travel 50 miles each way to closest CBP office.
 
I have a customs office withing 4 miles of me that will not accept that copy or you typing in the information. The first time I went into them they took the form that I had typed the information into and verified the serial numbers, they then went into their office and hand wrote that information onto a official 4457.

The office that I used 10 months ago that was 140 miles away accepted the pre filled out form.
Call your congressman. I did when I had a problem with them and it was addressed
 
That's funny. I have no issues with them generating more work for themselves. In my case typed info is fine. I have to travel 50 miles each way to closest CBP office.
Much further for me!
 
Call your congressman. I did when I had a problem with them and it was addressed

Phillip, they are not refusing to fill out a 4457 they just want to do it on official forms.
 
If you download it from their site isn't it an official form?
Wrong size, unless you shrink it.

I actually have no idea for their reasoning but it is their playground and you play by their rules.
 
I've always taken an older one to the airport(s) with me, budgeted extra time to go to the CBP office first (often the very same people, we recognize each other,) and then they write up a new one. 5 minutes. Never a problem. 10 min once when the officer on duty was on break. They do look at SNs of any personal property listed on the form (incl. cameras, laptops, etc. if desired. Cash, if over $10K (incl. >$5K if fam members are carrying the balance of it.) IF you have something brand new...i.e. fancy camera, also list it on the form.) Is there some problem all of a sudden whereby you can't get it done real-time (immed. prior to departure?)
 
Wow, a lot of you make it more complicated than it is. Just make a plan depending on local CBP office. ;)
 
for my trip this last April I printed their small form off and the blew it up to full page size and filled it out no problems when I went into them to get it signed. Sioux Falls,Sd maybe that is the reason
 
Phillip, they are not refusing to fill out a 4457 they just want to do it on official forms.
I do not understand that. A paper is a paper and plus its our paper. All the things we have to navigate. Fools on our left and fools on our right!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,282
Messages
1,571,660
Members
169,392
Latest member
ShanelZ418
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top