416 Rigby Ruger RMS

AZDAVE

AH ambassador
Joined
Jul 26, 2013
Messages
5,911
Reaction score
13,211
Media
215
Hunting reports
Africa
10
Hunted
South Africa,Namibia, Mozambique, Alaska,lower 48
Time to buy your self a Christmas present. After building my 404 Jeffrey I find that I just like it better than the 416. I worked a deal for a 450/400 double so have this power band covered quite well. Included with the sale is 5 boxes of Federal ammo and 5 boxes of Norma ammo. A set of dies and 120 mixed once fired norma and federal brass. Asking $3000 for all.
ruger416.jpg
 
Nice rifle Dave. I know a PH in RSA that wanted one of these at one time! They are beautiful guns.
 
I think I just bought the same gun , here in Australia.......
cant wait to pick it up ........
 
That's $800 worth of ammo minimum, could be considerably more depending on what type of Federal. Don't know what the dies cost. I love my RSM .416 Rigby and am still working on acquiring/building a .404 J, mostly likely from a .375 H&H. My educated guess is that with that much ammo and the dies, AZDAVE is making a pretty good deal for someone!
 
The rifle alone usually sells for $1750-$2000. At any point in time you can find a few selling in that range on the varius online gun auction/sales sites. So, with all the extras, I'd say the price is reasonable as, as you say, the ammo alone easily adds $800 (more like $1250) to the rifle (and then there's the 120 once-fired cases and dies...and that darn good wood!).

Bottom line, if I had $3000 and was in the market for a 416, I'd snatch it up, immediately.
 
Everyone thank you for considering purchase of my rifle. I was able to sell locally.

Wish everyone a Merry Christmas!
 
paperwork came back thursady . just have to sell three guns , or I will have get alarms on the windows and door , into the poolroom as im right on the limit,with the amount of firearms I can own ,
as l bought another nice shotgun , the day after I finished the contract ,
so I cant register any new ones till I clear out a couple of the older ones ..... the 30.06 is going so I can get a mauser , to replace my trusty ruger ....:A Up To Something::A Up To Something::A Up To Something:. your a bad influence !!!
and the .223 and either one of the 17hmr or the 300 wm
I shot it one afternoon at the range , open sites. shes lets you know shes on your shoulder .
but id been awake for 2 days that day , so I wasn't thinking real straight
 
so I cant register any new ones till I clear out a couple of the older ones .....

bluey, it must be a truly terrible thing to have a limit to the toys you can have. :A Thumbs Down: My only limit is the checkbook! Unless my fellow countrymen choose to go full retard and elect a gun-grabber on the next go 'round:A Ill:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,851
Members
169,442
Latest member
ChangVardo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top