.416 Rigby Ammunition

tarbe

AH legend
Joined
Jan 26, 2014
Messages
4,992
Reaction score
9,785
Location
Romance, MO
Media
121
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
If you shoot a Rigby and don't handload, you might want to check out Corbon.

They had 12 boxes of Rigby with 350gr TSX for about the cost of brass and bullet.


Tim
 
If you shoot a Rigby and don't handload, you might want to check out Corbon.

They had 12 boxes of Rigby with 350gr TSX for about the cost of brass and bullet.


Tim
Tim, not familiar with the ammo but looked at the web site. Is the 350 grain bullet and this load ok for buffalo?
 
I am not the expert on 416 loads for Buffalo....but I would not use a 350gr on Buff (even X bullet) unless I was getting charged and that was what was in my rifle.

Will it work? Probably just fine most of the time. But I would stick with a good 400gr for Buffalo.

These would be great for Eland and such...or practice, at that price.

My $0.02

Hopefully some guys who've actually killed multiple buff with the 416 will chime in.
 
I am not the expert on 416 loads for Buffalo....but I would not use a 350gr on Buff (even X bullet) unless I was getting charged and that was what was in my rifle.

Will it work? Probably just fine most of the time. But I would stick with a good 400gr for Buffalo.

These would be great for Eland and such...or practice, at that price.

My $0.02

Hopefully some guys who've actually killed multiple buff with the 416 will chime in.
Just wondering. I shoot Hornady at the range because it's cheaper. But I have both Nosler and Barnes solids and softs if I ever to start to ramp up for buffalo.

Same with my .404, Hornady for the cheap stuff and Nosler for the good stuff.
 
I've got a few boxes of Kynoch 410-grain softs and solids that I want to sell. These are new production - 5 to a box. $46 per box.
20 boxes of soft point and 7 boxes of solids.
 
the 350gr .416" TSX would be the ideal Barnes expander for hunting buffalo with your 416. these type of mono-metal bullets are usually more effective when a little light for caliber. a 400gr TSX will do less damage and increase the chance of a second animal being wounded by accident. having said that, be very careful as the 350gr TSX will still very likely pass threw a buffalo on a broad side shot.

I would absolutely feel comfortable hunting buffalo with a 416 using 350gr TSX bullets.

-matt
 
Last edited:
Tarbe,
I saw that and grabbed a box should be here tomorrow.
And just in time, I pick up my new to me,RSM same day. Can't wait to get them together
 
the 350gr .416" TSX would be the ideal Barnes expander for hunting buffalo with your 416. these type of mono-metal bullets are usually more effective when a little light for caliber. a 400gr TSX will do less damage and increase the chance of a second animal being wounded by accident. having said that, be very careful as the 350gr TSX will still very likely pass threw a buffalo on a broad side shot.

I would absolutely feel comfortable hunting buffalo with a 416 using 350gr TSX bullets.

-matt

Agreed. It'd be wicked good.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,333
Members
169,338
Latest member
ggo88vipto
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top