.410 Wildcat?

@Rell
A gunsmith in the midwest did the work. No issues at all with mine. feeds well with everything but one brand of solids. PM me and I will track down his contact information.

Azdave scores again!

Or for those of us that want an "off the shelf" solution, just buy a Winchester 1895 .405 WCF and go shoot any game and DG you like. Just pick the bullets appropriate for the game (solids for ele) and blast away. The 1895 leaning on the buff in the pic uses a receiver sight and remains handy (fast handling) and DEADLY with the 400 grain Woodies at 2100 fps.
You can even shoot prairie dogs with it if you like. Hint, use 210 grain 41 mag pistol bullets. plenty strong enough for deer too.
Finding one, especially here in Australia, is a slight problem ...

Everyone said all niches were filled before the 300 Blackout came out, and certainly there have been other successes. Go for it and surprise us all pleasantly.

The 300 BLKout is a updated 30 carbine in some circles.

PM replied to with POC info

So … I think I have a terrible terrible idea that I kind of want to actually do?

I love the 400 Whelen and have had two rifles that where suboptimal in feeding and reliability.

What if I used 240 Weatherby brass and slowly necked it up to ,410 and shot 400gr bullets out of it? Belt fixes any headspace issues?

Is this a new(ish) idea? Any thoughts on if it’s doable? I could even get a run of 1000 custom brass possibly?
@Rell
Any thing is possible if you have the money.
Sounds like a good idea but will need a lot of annealing work.

Finding one, especially here in Australia, is a slight problem ...
@geoff rath
I did find one a while back but they wanted an arm a leg and your first born. Admittedly it was a TR commemorative.
I did think of building a 405 on a No4 SMLE as it would have been strong enough and a very easy mod to the mag to get it to feed.
Bob

Bob,
I just remembered that I have an unfired 1895 Deluxe in .405 in the back of a gun safe.
I wonder what $$$$ that would bring?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlorineKee

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !