405 win & 45-90 Reloading data

Hoff

New member
Joined
May 1, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
anyone willing to share any reloading data for 405 win & 45-90 express.
will be using out of modern (Miroku) rifles. 1895 & 1885 in 405 Win / 1885 in the 45-90
I mainly have 300 , 350 & 400 gr bullets for each.
I appreciate any information shared. ( will use at my own risk )
Thanks

Hoff
Colmesneil , TX
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 7.56.23 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 7.56.23 AM.png
    875.5 KB · Views: 451
  • Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 7.56.24 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 7.56.24 AM.png
    915.1 KB · Views: 377
  • Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 7.56.26 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 7.56.26 AM.png
    967.9 KB · Views: 362
  • Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 7.56.27 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 7.56.27 AM.png
    923.4 KB · Views: 363
I've been playing with light loads and .410 bullets for a .41 Magnum due to few and far between 300 grain Hornady bullets. Tried the .412 cast bullets from midway and the first on gave me a perfect side on hole at 50 yards so abandoned that route.

I have one of the new reissue Winchester 1895's as well.

The Hornady reloading manual also has data for the .405 Winchester.
 
Have loaded a lot of black in the 45-2.4, and duplex, but never straight smokeless....COTW has some data, but it is not always to be duplicated. Best of luck...............FWB
 
I have some old 45/90 loads from when I had a sharps, and my 405 loads are for my 405 double rifle so I will PM them to you.
 
In my #1 300 gn Northfork, Hornady and Barnes X all worked well with Benchmark, TAC, Varget and 8208. Hodgdon has data. 400 gn Woodleigh (.411) were excellent with 8208 or Reloder 15. 400 gn Hornady (.410) scattered all over and hit the target sideways if at all.

For a very light load I used 265 gn Tru Cast (.411) over 12 gn of Unique and 1 gn of poly pillow stuffing. This combination gave 1240 fps and made colverleaf groups at 25 yds, only 2 inches below full-powered 300 gn loads.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,396
Members
169,558
Latest member
Joneseleepe
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top