AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
USA New Zealand
C3BE9729-B34E-4A2A-9452-A334015F2458.jpeg
Have a CZ 550 from there custom shop in 404 Jeffery. Brass 30 pieces, loaded ammo maybe around 100 rounds, reloading dies, two boxes of bullets.

What would be a good price to offer them at? Have had the rifle for a while and don’t see me using it anytime soon. Going back and fourth on selling it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you purchase the rifle new? What kind of scope is on it (looks like a Leupold)? What features /options does it have? Was it the product of CZ's Custom Shop or AHR? Will it feed all of the rounds out of the magazine without "issues?"

Got it second hand from a gentleman. He said he never shot it. Was to scared to. He said it came from the custom shop. That’s all I know. It does have a mercury recoil reducer put in by a smith. Feeds all the ammo I have tried. Solids and soft points.

No scope on the rifle now. Just iron sights.

I believe Triple River Gunsmithing makes these for CZ under the Safari Classics name. I don't have an estimate on price, but would be interested to hear too.

Yea be nice to know. Don’t see them for sale very often.

I don't see them for sale often either. If you decide to sell it, I may be interested.

Wish I knew what to ask

$35.... I'll take it off your hands if you really need to be rid of it...:)

Looks similar to the CZ550 404Jeff I have - upgraded wood, jeweled bolt, sling band. About 5 years ago CZ made these in different calibers (416 Rigby, 458 Lott, maybe a few others besides 404J) I believe as a special order by Cabelas. List price at the time was ~$3200. I bought mine new, in box from Cabelas for ~$2,300. Here's a link to the thread about when I bought mine in 2013.

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/404-jeffery-wanted-to-purchase.11363/page-3#post-103399

I have the same rifle from the Custom shop, I decided against the wood Upgrade and had them install a mercury reducer and had them slick the action, The re-loading dies new around a 100.00, 100 pieces of loaded not much of value most guys would prefer to load their own brass and bullets have some value if the brass is new I would say 2500.00 to 3000.00 would be a good range.

$3000. You can always negotiate a few hundred down if you choose. If my RSM .404 was for sale (and it's not) I would probably be asking more, and it's been hunted. The poster that got his for $2300 got a deal!

$3000. You can always negotiate a few hundred down if you choose. If my RSM .404 was for sale (and it's not) I would probably be asking more, and it's been hunted. The poster that got his for $2300 got a deal!

Yes, I somehow timed it right and Cabelas seemed to decide to get them off the shelves. I got lucky and they had the Hornady DSG 404J 50% off at the same time! Now, that I saved all that money five years ago, I need to go hunt an elephant! ;-)

Attached is the 2017 CZ custom shop's price list.

Attachments

• 2017 RETAIL Safari Classics Order Form.pdf
    52.5 KB · Views: 353
Great looking Wood

I called a couple months ago and asked at Triple River. $3200 base and a wait time. I think the upgrades such as mercury tube are extra. And not sure you can expect that nice wood.

My CZ in 505 Gibbs looks somewhat similar, similar or same upgrades. I think list price is avout $3600.... or was when i bought mine.

Yes, I somehow timed it right and Cabelas seemed to decide to get them off the shelves. I got lucky and they had the Hornady DSG 404J 50% off at the same time! Now, that I saved all that money five years ago, I need to go hunt an elephant! ;-)

Yes! Hunt the elephant!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg