Discussion in 'Free Classifieds' started by Wheels, Jul 11, 2013.
Congratulation. A very nice collection indeed.
Bass......, Thank you
Stan, Thank you. Not quite the work of art your firearms are but I am happy and proud.
Applying for membership in the 404 Jeffery Club
I've gone through the following stages:
1) 2009 I should buy a DGS rifle in case I get the chance to go to Africa
2) Read about the different calibers
3) 2011, bottle of wine at the DSC Banquet - a little bidding. We're going to Africa for Cape Buffalo, Plains Game and Tigerfish
4) Oh, crap, I need to go buy a 375 and practice.
5) Bought a CZ 550 slapped on my old Leupold 1-4x24 shotgun scope and got a nice buff
6) 2013 - What if I get a chance to hunt an elephant. Maybe something bigger than the 375
7) Repeat step 2, skip the others
8) 404 Jeff sounds like the ticket
9) Shop the websites, I'll never afford one - nothing under $5 - 6K
10) October 2013 Cabelas KC has a CZ 550 special order, multiple serial numbers for 33% off normal list
11) Picked out the stock I liked and had it shipped
12) Traded an old Remington 870 with smooth and rifled barrels along with an old Leupold VXIII for a new Zeiss Duralyt 1.2-5
13) Finally got out to the range today - what a blast. 5 shout group in 3 holes all touching. Wow.
14) Can I be a 404 Jeff Club member - or associate even though it hasn't drawn blood yet?
Consider yourself a member! I have the same exact rifle as you, not blooded either and shoots like yours. These are fine, affordable rifles. Welcome to the .404 club!
Congratulations. Good to have another member in the club. Do you have a plan or time frame for that elephant hunt yet?
I suspect 2016 will be the earliest, but I would like to be able to swing in 2015.
I am sighting in at 50 yards. I figure that makes the most sense for Elephant and Cape Buffalo.
I caught a good sale on some Hornady DGS 400 grn. I bought 100 rounds for practice and was thinking to maybe reload with 450 grn Woodleighs. Thoughts?
Either year sounds great for elephant. CZ's shoot good. Yours looks great out of the box.
I don't reload so I can't help you with the reloading. I'm just glad Hornady is making 404j rounds.
Separate names with a comma.