.360 Remington Buckhammer!

I'm wondering how the Buckhammer would do shooting down Chinese balloons;)

Hmmmm, probably have to stick with a Creedmoor:)

@CoElkHunter
So the British grabbed the BREN gun about the same weight as the BAR and let loose 30 rounds in the same time.
British win again.
The only thing they couldn't compete with was the big 50 Browning MG so they bought those.
British 2, USA 1.
HA HA HA HA HA HA
Bob
I believe we beat the british well before the SMLE or the bar were around

Oddly enough is was slow FA and a more rapid FA. No four seconds for twenty rounds.

Bren gun: ugly, stupid offset sighting system, heavier than hell, rimmed case.

I don't need a goofball from the state telling me how and when to load my gun. They're pretty worthless in VA. The actual offenders have to basically admit to the crime before they get any real traction.
Ugly yes. Rimed round, yes and no. The BREN was a Czechoslovakia designed and made before the pomms adopted it. I can't remember if it was in 7X57 or 8X57 first. It shone using the 303brit. Off set sights, yes and they worked. Single aimed shots would out shoot most other Semi Auto's. Same on full auto. 20" group at 1100mts, prone using bipods and firing semi as fast as possible. Heavy, bloody oath it was:(. When I walked the Kokoda Track a few Brens were still to be found. The receiver groups were mostly cattus but every one of them had a barrel you could still use. Chromed lined and the Parkerizing on the exterior was excellent as none had rusted.

Pomms had the shitty Sten, the US had the somewhat more reliable Thompson, the Aussies had the totaly reliable Owen gun. Yep shitty off set sights as the mag was on the top. It was ugly but it just plain worked when you need it to.

Yes, we had to keep fighting the bloody Brits for nearly 40 years before they finally figured out that the crown was no match for us Yank Guerrillas.

But, I'd trade any American-made gun I own for a H&H DR!

I'm going after the Dangerous 7 with my .458 SOCOM powerhouse!

Think H&H would build a DR in that for me?????

Yes, we had to keep fighting the bloody Brits for nearly 40 years before they finally figured out that the crown was no match for us Yank Guerrillas.

But, I'd trade any American-made gun I own for a H&H DR!
@Safari Dave
You would need to trade more than 1. I looked at a H&H royal double in London a few year back. In any calible you want for a measly 250,000 English pounds.
Well above my pay gade. A young bloke there was getting his budget as shotgun cleaned and serviced.
Mummy would only let him have the cheap one In case he didn't like hunting/ water fowling. The budget one was a mere 60,000 pounds.
Bob

I have been a public servant all of my adult life. Guess I'll just have to settle for a barrel for my Rossi single shot.....

A comment that came from Australian assessments of MMGs (Medium Machine Guns) was that they (Ben Gun) were just too damned accurate in that they didn't really give a "cone of Fire" as its replacement, the M60 did

It was, and thanks for mentioning that as I meant to and forgot.

Guys these 2 rounds are for straight wall states. The 450 bushmaster, 444 45.70 all have too much recoil for children and some of the ladies. In that case they make sense. Dumb name aside.
You know, once a upon a time about thirty five years ago, I was a child that was excited to grow to handle a high-powered rifle that was capable of taking a deer. We shunned these half witted panty waist cartridges calling the .30-30 the resectable bare minimum all a round cartridge. We knew that a .357 would take a deer with the right angle out to fifty yards, but would be better at twenty five and on open standing shots. The .450, .444, and .45-70 are all DRT cartridges. The .350 and .356 are going to be trailing jobs on big deer. Maybe if folks would just be willing to carry an eight pound rifle they wouldn't be getting the thump that turned them off from a caliber. Maybe if folks would just buck up and take the recoil from a serviceable caliber they'd be better suited to hunt in the first place. The recoil isn't uncomfortable fired during the hunt.

Wow. .360 Remington Buckhammer Flanged as a first shot, followed up by a .458 SOCOM to absolutely ANCHOR charging DG.

Destined to become a classic.

That whopping 1,300 pound of energy at the muzzle with a 600g solid in the .458 SOCOM should stop a T-Rex in his tracks.

But, I'm sure that I would never need to pull the second trigger, after that .360 Remington Buckhammer deploys it's mighty 2,558 pounds of muzzle energy.

These are many of relatively new cartridges are just looking for a reason to exhist. I can give a long list of chamberings that were stupid out of the gate.

Remington is probably the worst, with Winchester running a close second:

How many boxes of factory Remington EtronX, and Winchester WSSM were sold in 2022?

That whopping 1,300 pound of energy at the muzzle with a 600g solid in the .458 SOCOM should stop a T-Rex in his tracks.

But, I'm sure that I would never need to pull the second trigger, after that .360 Remington Buckhammer deploys it's mighty 2,558 pounds of muzzle energy.

These are many of relatively new cartridges are just looking for a reason to exhist. I can give a long list of chamberings that were stupid out of the gate.

Remington is probably the worst, with Winchester running a close second:

How many boxes of factory Remington EtronX, and Winchester WSSM were sold in 2022?
"new cartridges are just looking for a reason to exist". That reason is you have to buy a new rifle from the ammo manufacturers partnered rifle brand! You'll buy one and like it! Ha! Ha!

In this case, I’m not altogether against it. As I live in OH, a straight wall state, most people are using .357 mag, .44 mag and .45/70 lever rifles or have gone to the .350 Legend. What I find somewhat humorous is that a lot of those who shoot the .45/70, complain about the recoil but always hunted with 12ga slugs with similar recoil.
With the .350, 200 yds is stretching it. The .360 sounds like it is legitimately a 200yd round, especially if a pointed bullet is used in a single shot. It also sounds like it has enough punch for black bear, whereas a .350 Legend wouldn’t be one of my choices for bears.
IMO: Resurrecting the .375 Win would be a good option.
Seems useful for straight wall States and I think likely Hornady will get round to making bullets / rounds with the Leverevolution soft red tip pointy bullets for it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois