358 Norma or 358 STA

Jamie D Van Roekel

AH enthusiast
Joined
Mar 19, 2015
Messages
398
Reaction score
550
Media
1
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Which do you guys think would make more sense? I have lots of 300 Win brass that I could make into Norma. I have a 375 Wby that I could shoot 375 H&H in then size down to 358 STA, or use 375 H&H brass to neck down to 358 then fire form. I think the Norma would be easier, the STA would give a little more performance. At some point I would need to find some headstamped brass to take to Africa. What do the experts think. Thanks!!!
 
To andmin the title should be 358 Norma or 358 STA but it comes out like this. This is my second post that did this. Is it my phone or the site not sure how to fix it. Tried to edit but comes out the same?
 
A friend is in the process of building a Ruger No.1 in .358 STA. A pretty peppy cartridge. I built a .358-375 Ruger and it kicks ass.
 
Two phenomenal cartridges that have intrigued me for a while. Between the two, I would lean toward the Norma. For what it is worth, the 358-375 that @hoytcanon has would probably be the best option.
 
You could also just neck the 375 down to 358 and have a 35 G&H

But the Norma has always had my eye
 
Two phenomenal cartridges that have intrigued me for a while. Between the two, I would lean toward the Norma. For what it is worth, the 358-375 that @hoytcanon has would probably be the best option.

The 225 Accubond at 3140 fps, carries the weight and energy well... it is snappy cartridge, the recoil is fast. I took a big bear and moose with it, and it put them down like a house fly under a swatter.

20200304_080529.jpg
20200404_113659.jpg
 
Is there anyplace to get 358 STA brass to have correct head stamped brass for Africa?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,264
Messages
1,570,984
Members
169,213
Latest member
Gamenextdoor
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top