350 Rigby

I believe many of the Rigby .350R were converted to .404J by reboring he barrels

Just an update still waiting for parts and paperwork to complete his 350 Rigby just hope he doesnt give up.

Yes. Thank you for the correction.

Apparently the whisky was talking last night because not only did I get the cartridge wrong, I posted a picture of a 416RIGBY no. 2....not even close to the 450NE I intended. At least the 416RIGBY no. 2 is a Rigby cartridge, even if it came out nearly 120 years after the 450NE. :ROFLMAO:

Funny enough, John Taylor in his African Cartridges book pondered why Rigby had not yet made a rimmed version of the 416 - he even said they could call it the 416 Rigby No 2!

Funny enough, John Taylor in his African Cartridges book pondered why Rigby had not yet made a rimmed version of the 416 - he even said they could call it the 416 Rigby No 2!
The .416 caliber was overlooked for a long time when it comes to rimmed cartridges. A-Square introduced the 416R (circa 1991) shortly before Kreighoff came out with the 500/416NE in 1996. It was a breath of fresh air for the caliber, but it took Rigby another 20+ years to catch on.

IMO - the 500/416NE is the best of the bunch and currently the easiest to find commercially available ammo for. However I also understand that recoil on this one feels much more like a 470NE than a 416RIGBY.

Had a really good Friday with a well earned dinner paid for by the company. Afterwards we came home to relax and enjoy some Eagle Rare.

...then I made the mistake of opening my computer, thinking I could unscramble my "tuned up" brain into some form of coherent content fit for the likes of AH. Once again proving that bourbon and guns (even on the internet) can be a dangerous combination. ;)

I should start a thread called "Inebriated Gun Thoughts and Purchases"...
Always good to do a little 'celebrating'. But after the second sourmash, I close my computer and go to bed. Sleep well, too.

There are three .35 caliber Rigby cartridges. Two of them are rimmed, since they were originally intended for double rifles, the .400/.350 and the .350 No. 2, which have identical cases but use different bullet weights. The .400/.350 uses a 310 grain bullet and the .350 No. 2 a 225 grain bullet. Then there is the .350 Rigby Magnum, which uses a rimlesss case and a 225 grain bullet. Rigby offeered all three as bolt action rifles, the first two requiring the special slanted magazine Magnum length action to accomodate the rims and the third an ordinary Magnum action. I have two and am expecting to acquire the third, the .400/.350 in the not-too-distant future.
The case for the .400/.350 and the .350 No. 2 can be formed from 9.3X74R brass, while the .350 Magnum case requires a rimmed magnum case with the rim removed and an extractor groove cut into the case head.
This is the special slant box magazine single square bridge Magnum action with a stepped receiver ring built especially for Rigby by Oberndorf.
View attachment 444298
This is my .350 Rigby Magnum, built using all original Rigby parts, except for the barrel, which is a copy of the original.
View attachment 444299
This is my .350 No. 2, still under construction, made entirely of original Rigby parts, including the barrel.View attachment 444300
That 350 rigby is positively schmicko! I could only hope to own an example such as that! Congrats

Search for a pair of BRNO actions to build your rifles on:

A ZKK-600 action for the .275 Rigby
A ZKK-602 action for the .350 Rigby Magnum

Douglas Premium barrels

English walnut stocks

I have a 350 Rigby No 2 in my future, on a Ruger No. 1.

Reamer is on the way :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arecruitment880

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!