.350 Remington Magnum

Good evening gentleman I recently came across a rifle forsale chambered in .350 Remington magnum. The rifle itself is a model 600remington. Included with the rifle is the reloading dies and a hundred brass.
I was wondering if our anyone could shed any light on this rifle/caliber as it is not one I'm accustomed to hearing about which leads me to believe it was either not a popular round or the model didn't hang around long.

Thank you all for taking the time to share your knowledge.
The brass for 350 remington mag is very hard to find for reasonable price. Even then they are hard to come by. They are not made anymore for a long time. My 0.02C

Hi Skinnersblade,

Sorry, I'm just seeing this thread now, and signed up to get in touch with you. I am interested in buying that 350 Remington Magnum. I am just next door in New Brunswick. I'm not sure if you can send me a Personal Message through this forum, but if so, I would really appreciate getting the contact information of the person or business who was selling it. I look forward to hearing from you.

congratulations on the purchase of the rifle brush bear. Have a safe trip home.

350 is a good encore handgun round,if you dont mind a little recoil.

@meigsbucks
You can get forming dies for the 350 and make your own out of 7mm,300 or 338 mag brass. A bit of playing around but doable
Bob
No need to get the form dies, the regular loading dies work just fine, it is as you say "a bit of playing around" but not too bad. I have successfully made .350 RM brass from both .300 WM and 7mm RM. The only problem I have had so far with my 673 is not being able to load Nosler Accubonds to an overall length that will work in the magazine. Now I have a supply of Accubonds in 225 and 250 grain that I can't shoot in anything.

No need to get the form dies, the regular loading dies work just fine, it is as you say "a bit of playing around" but not too bad. I have successfully made .350 RM brass from both .300 WM and 7mm RM. The only problem I have had so far with my 673 is not being able to load Nosler Accubonds to an overall length that will work in the magazine. Now I have a supply of Accubonds in 225 and 250 grain that I can't shoot in anything.
@Bob T
That's why I like the Whelen, I can load it with 225grain accubonds to an overall length of 3.4 inches and still have room in the mag and chamber.
If you don't want those projectiles we might be able to work something out. PM me.
It's a pity they don't fit but the 225 grain Woodleigh PPSP is a lot shorter as well as being bonded. It would be an ideal match for the 350 mag.
Bob

Good evening gentleman I recently came across a rifle forsale chambered in .350 Remington magnum. The rifle itself is a model 600remington. Included with the rifle is the reloading dies and a hundred brass.
I was wondering if our anyone could shed any light on this rifle/caliber as it is not one I'm accustomed to hearing about which leads me to believe it was either not a popular round or the model didn't hang around long.

Thank you all for taking the time to share your knowledge.
Great little rifle with a huge bunch I have been making my brass out of 7mm magnum brass and as of today 03/13/2023 100% success Alan

Great round. Ballistically very similar to a 35 Whelen. When it came out, it had a good following in Northern British Colombia (where I was raised) especially if one was interested in moose or grizzly. But it was sort of hamstrung by being introduced in a short light rifle that produced significant recoil as well as coming out in a time that high velocity magnums were gaining popularity. Crying shame as the partner cartridge that was introduced at the same time was the 6.5 Rem Mag. A 6.5 based on the same case. Similar balistics to a .264 Win Mag but shorter.

in the encore,yes.with the decelerator grip.the 450 marlin with 500 gr bullets is pleasant to shoot in this combo.

This cartridge still shines in either of its original platforms, the true 18.5” 6.5lb carbine M600 or the 20” M660 on the same short-action but without the “space age” look of the vented rib running down the barrel.

Despite what esthetic traditionalists and some flinch-prone Fuddleys say, the 350RM’s felt-recoil out of these short light platforms isn’t that bad from typical field-shooting positions. Even off the bench for sighting-in or vetting handloads for less than 20-rds, the recoil isn’t anymore horrible than doing the same thing with a 300 or .375 Mag. …. On my M600, changing out the hard factory recoil pad for a custom-fitted Kick-Ezzz pad of the same dimensions made a world of difference.

It also bears mentioning that folks today forget the rather niche role envisioned for these short light carbines and the 350RM chambering when first introduced in the mid-1960s: and that was to be the bolt-gun equivalent of the various hard-hitting, Big Bore carbine-sized lever guns, the ones with 18” or 20” tubes that Elmer Keith wrote about so long ago. These were, and still are, the original Old School “woods guns,” designed for short-range use in thick brush and bushy terrain, but especially in the dark, tall-timbered areas with hills and ravines, where typical shots on deer, elk, moose, or bear rarely exceed 100-yds and most are taken at 50-yds or less. Think stand or stump hunting in a dense forested part of the country.

Short and light gets it done in those environs and a longer and heavier platform is unnecessary. If you’re looking for the same punch past 100-yds, you need a different platform.

A M600 in 350RM isn’t supposed to be an “all-around” hunting rifle nor a varmint gun. Up in Alaska for short-range uses, or for Grizz protection while casting off a brushy river bank for salmon or grayling, it shines about better than anything else that’s not a handgun.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Efren35C00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross