28 Gauge Recommendations

I enjoyed the 28ga discussion. I love side by side shotguns. My preferred quail/dove/clays gun is a Westley Richards 28 shooting 3/4 ounce hand loads.
for pheasant or a change of pace I shoot a WR 12 bore droplock with 1 oz loads. I also have a Scottish 12 bore made by Mortimer and sons. My American doubles, 12 ga Parker VH, 16 ga LC Smith field and 20 ga Ithaca don’t get shot very much any more.
If you are interested in SxS shotguns, I invite you to the “Southern side by side championship and exhibition” that takes place in Sanford NC the last weekend in April ( hopefully! It was cancelled last year due to COVID). There are thousands of side by side guns for sale there every year from all over the US and world.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,287
Messages
1,570,675
Members
168,940
Latest member
Johenyeshn
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top