25-06 brass

375er

AH elite
Joined
Jun 26, 2021
Messages
1,233
Reaction score
2,758
Media
6
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Has anyone seen any around recently? Seems to be on the endangered species list. Looking for some if anybody has any leads. Thanks.
 
Yeah, like .338WM brass it seems to be unobtanium. I've resigned myself to using .30-06 brass for my .25-06.
 
Has anyone seen any around recently? Seems to be on the endangered species list. Looking for some if anybody has any leads. Thanks.
The supply of loaded 25-06 ammo is starting to build back up in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, but I can't say I've seen any 25-06 brass on the shelves.
 
What is your resizing process?
Just run the .30 through a full length .25-06 die. Should be able to just neck the .30 case down to .25 on new brass or used brass fired from the same rifle, but haven't tried it yet?
 
What is your resizing process?

All you have to do is to run a 30-06 case through a 25-06 sizer die and you have 25-06 brass with the wrong headstamp.

I have a lot of old 30-06 brass that I have done this to
 
Scheels at The Colony DFW has some hornady 117gr 25-06 I believe… I’m swinging by there tomorrow to look at a shotgun… I’d be happy to see what ammo they have in stock for you if loaded ammo is an option…
 
I've bought several boxes of the Hornady 117gr. Interlock at about $31/box from our Sportsman's Warehouse over the last several months. That's much cheaper than anything I've found online when shipping costs are included. Then you get the once fired brass and THAT'S cheaper than what some of these online "once fired brass" companies are selling it for.
 
All you have to do is to run a 30-06 case through a 25-06 sizer die and you have 25-06 brass with the wrong headstamp.

I have a lot of old 30-06 brass that I have done this to

I wasn't sure if an intermediate step was necessary since the size difference is 4 calibers. I was considering finding some .270 win brass but that doesn't seem to be around either.
 
I've bought several boxes of the Hornady 117gr. Interlock at about $31/box from our Sportsman's Warehouse over the last several months. That's much cheaper than anything I've found online when shipping costs are included. Then you get the once fired brass and THAT'S cheaper than what some of these online "once fired brass" companies are selling it for.
Yep; I think that's about what I've been paying for loaded Hornady 117's at the local Academy stores near Dallas-Ft. Worth area (around $25-30 a box, if memory serves). I've also seen the Hornady 110 ELD-X for around $40 a box, but my 25-06 doesn't seem to like those.
 
I wasn't sure if an intermediate step was necessary since the size difference is 4 calibers. I was considering finding some .270 win brass but that doesn't seem to be around either.
Two questions just to clarify:'
1. Are you seeking only brand-new brass, or would you also consider used brass?
2. Where are you located? 25-06 seems to be somewhat available in the DFW, Texas area, if that helps.
 
Two questions just to clarify:'
1. Are you seeking only brand-new brass, or would you also consider used brass?
2. Where are you located? 25-06 seems to be somewhat available in the DFW, Texas area, if that helps.

Ideally new brass to freshen up my supply,
but I am open. I am in Minnesota and haven't really looked for loaded ammo but that is always a consideration.
 
Ideally new brass to freshen up my supply,
but I am open. I am in Minnesota and haven't really looked for loaded ammo but that is always a consideration.
Noted, and I'll keep an eye out for anything that's worth sending your way. BTW, what kind of quantity are you looking for?
 
All you have to do is to run a 30-06 case through a 25-06 sizer die and you have 25-06 brass with the wrong headstamp.

I have a lot of old 30-06 brass that I have done this to

Have you ever had any pressure problems doing this and what is case life like afterwards?
 
I have enough 30-06 brass I haven needed to worry much about case life. However I do anneal the necks for longer life.

I also haven't seen any pressure signs, but I don't load them up to max either. I load 100 grain Barnes TTSX up to 3300 fps and am happy with the performance.
 
I’ve used the PPU brass that I bought from Huntington’s. Seems to be good quality.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,049
Members
169,485
Latest member
TaniaBufor
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top