25-06 brass

375er

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Has anyone seen any around recently? Seems to be on the endangered species list. Looking for some if anybody has any leads. Thanks.

Yeah, like .338WM brass it seems to be unobtanium. I've resigned myself to using .30-06 brass for my .25-06.

Has anyone seen any around recently? Seems to be on the endangered species list. Looking for some if anybody has any leads. Thanks.
The supply of loaded 25-06 ammo is starting to build back up in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, but I can't say I've seen any 25-06 brass on the shelves.

What is your resizing process?
Just run the .30 through a full length .25-06 die. Should be able to just neck the .30 case down to .25 on new brass or used brass fired from the same rifle, but haven't tried it yet?

What is your resizing process?

All you have to do is to run a 30-06 case through a 25-06 sizer die and you have 25-06 brass with the wrong headstamp.

I have a lot of old 30-06 brass that I have done this to

Scheels at The Colony DFW has some hornady 117gr 25-06 I believe… I’m swinging by there tomorrow to look at a shotgun… I’d be happy to see what ammo they have in stock for you if loaded ammo is an option…

I've bought several boxes of the Hornady 117gr. Interlock at about $31/box from our Sportsman's Warehouse over the last several months. That's much cheaper than anything I've found online when shipping costs are included. Then you get the once fired brass and THAT'S cheaper than what some of these online "once fired brass" companies are selling it for.

All you have to do is to run a 30-06 case through a 25-06 sizer die and you have 25-06 brass with the wrong headstamp.

I wasn't sure if an intermediate step was necessary since the size difference is 4 calibers. I was considering finding some .270 win brass but that doesn't seem to be around either.

I've bought several boxes of the Hornady 117gr. Interlock at about $31/box from our Sportsman's Warehouse over the last several months. That's much cheaper than anything I've found online when shipping costs are included. Then you get the once fired brass and THAT'S cheaper than what some of these online "once fired brass" companies are selling it for.
Yep; I think that's about what I've been paying for loaded Hornady 117's at the local Academy stores near Dallas-Ft. Worth area (around $25-30 a box, if memory serves). I've also seen the Hornady 110 ELD-X for around $40 a box, but my 25-06 doesn't seem to like those.

I wasn't sure if an intermediate step was necessary since the size difference is 4 calibers. I was considering finding some .270 win brass but that doesn't seem to be around either.
Two questions just to clarify:'
1. Are you seeking only brand-new brass, or would you also consider used brass?
2. Where are you located? 25-06 seems to be somewhat available in the DFW, Texas area, if that helps.

Two questions just to clarify:'
1. Are you seeking only brand-new brass, or would you also consider used brass?
2. Where are you located? 25-06 seems to be somewhat available in the DFW, Texas area, if that helps.

Ideally new brass to freshen up my supply,
but I am open. I am in Minnesota and haven't really looked for loaded ammo but that is always a consideration.

Ideally new brass to freshen up my supply,
but I am open. I am in Minnesota and haven't really looked for loaded ammo but that is always a consideration.
Noted, and I'll keep an eye out for anything that's worth sending your way. BTW, what kind of quantity are you looking for?

I just posted some really cheap 30-06 brass in classified. Just run it through your 25-06 die. Cheap enough to learn on. Good enough to shoot game.

Have you ever had any pressure problems doing this and what is case life like afterwards?

I have enough 30-06 brass I haven needed to worry much about case life. However I do anneal the necks for longer life.

I also haven't seen any pressure signs, but I don't load them up to max either. I load 100 grain Barnes TTSX up to 3300 fps and am happy with the performance.

I’ve used the PPU brass that I bought from Huntington’s. Seems to be good quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrohimotx

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double