Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
Well, you'd think B.O. was president again.

I was on MidwayUSA and thought I would check to see if the panic that is making reloading components scarce was also impacting rimfire ammo.

Most varieties are out of stock and the cheapest 22LR available when I looked tonight was 8 cents per round!

Good thing I have enough rimfire ammo to give every resident of Ozark County Missouri 4 rounds!

One of the last things that I purchased from Cabela's was around 6,000 rounds of 22Lr.

The price was right and I had free shipping so the devil made me do it

Well, you'd think B.O. was president again.

I was on MidwayUSA and thought I would check to see if the panic that is making reloading components scarce was also impacting rimfire ammo.

Most varieties are out of stock and the cheapest 22LR available when I looked tonight was 8 cents per round!

Good thing I have enough rimfire ammo to give every resident of Ozark County Missouri 4 rounds!
Maybe we should have bought that pallet after all! Although I’m pretty sure I will run out of steam before I run out of ammo!

Ammo of all sorts is in short supply lately...

Cabelas in Allen, TX has had probably 80% empty shelves for pistol ammo.. and 50% empty shelves for rifle ammo for the last couple of months (the ANTIFA/BLM BS created a mad dash for guns and ammo.. and they havent caught back up yet)..

Academy Sports in both McKinney TX and Plano TX have been sitting on empty shelves for about the same amount of time..

I hit a gun show this past weekend in Allen.. Lots of people were selling ammo.. but no one had great quantities.. and prices were ridiculous..

Thankfully, I've got enough .22 on hand to last me the rest of my life (i'd guess I've got about 8-10K rounds?).. I used to pick up 500 round bricks every time I'd catch them at a good price.. I did that for several years until I got to the point where I knew I'd never need another round (I maybe shoot 200-300 rounds of .22 a year)..

Loaded Ammunition is in short supply here in Minnesota no 9mm or 22 for sure. Even for those that re-load there are shortages in Brass and Bullets.

Scrap brass and lead are down significantly and ammo prices are up. Call it capitalism. I call it gouging.

Whenever something throws a fear into people this happens. Be it a election or what is happening now ammo will fly off the shelves along with reloading supplies and even firearms.

You would think that most who hoard ammo and supplies would have enough to last for quite a while and that they wouldn't be purchasing any more but they do.

Just the other day in Costco I saw a lady with a pallet of TP headed out the door. I guess that she got caught short handed and figured that it wasn't going to happen again.

One of the last things that I purchased from Cabela's was around 6,000 rounds of 22Lr.

The price was right and I had free shipping so the devil made me do it

That at our legally allowed 150 rounds a year per firearm would last 40 years...:D

I've had small rifle and small pistol primers on order for over 4 months and can't find them anywhere.

Kind of saw this coming when the pandemic talk started (not the pandemic, but the talk); and with it being an election year, I am not surprised that goods are flying off the shelf...........I started restocking early after the Obama years, where I couldn't find .22 magnum ammo for 9 freakin' years!!! I'm rather well stocked now..............need to cast some projectiles, but other than that, I'm good.

.....I also plan on being somewhat conservative when it comes to sending rounds down range; I'll probably spend just as much time at the fishing hole and archery range as the rifle/pistol range.

I was in the local Academy Sporting Goods store yesterday. Sign up that customer limit on .380, 9MM and one other caliber. However all three calibers were sold out.

There seems to be a scarcity of .380 and 9MM in all stores I've in recently that sell ammo.

That at our legally allowed 150 rounds a year per firearm would last 40 years...:D
If I lived in your state they would hate to see the area that I have my ammo stored.

I was talking to our local fire chief one day and told him that if my home caught on fire to stay away from the north wall

I fought a garage fire once where they were storing some ammo-it pops like popcorn and didn’t really penetrate our turnouts but would leave black burn marks sometimes. It was very intimidating tho!

I fought a garage fire once where they were storing some ammo-it pops like popcorn and didn’t really penetrate our turnouts but would leave black burn marks sometimes. It was very intimidating tho!

I recall when my son went through the A&M Fire Academy they showed them a video of fighting a fire in an ammo storage room. Looked like bunker gear stopped everything just fine.

I recall when my son went through the A&M Fire Academy they showed them a video of fighting a fire in an ammo storage room. Looked like bunker gear stopped everything just fine.

I remember that video. Great school, really teaches you the capability of well coordinated hose teams.

I remember that video. Great school, really teaches you the capability of well coordinated hose teams.

I have heard it is the best. Very proud of my boy - he received a Valedictorian Plaque at graduation!

Old, blurry cell phone shot....but the happiness shows through!

Valedictorian3.jpg

I can understand the run on the common self-defense ammo, but why the run all 22 LR ammo, with the exception of the really expensive match grade ammo which is still online? I shoot the sub-sonic stuff to control my gopher population, and even it's gone. Can't find it on the internet either.
I guess people are preparing for the big war and push come to shove, the enemy will be taking multiple rounds of CCI Stingers! :W Sniper:

And forget about reloading supplies, everything is "out of stock" it's ridiculous. AR parts, if you can find them, are crazy expensive. No guns in the firearm stores. It's like the dooms day preppers have taken over the country. :W Shotgun:

I can understand the run on the common self-defense ammo, but why the run all 22 LR ammo, with the exception of the really expensive match grade ammo which is still online? I shoot the sub-sonic stuff to control my gopher population, and even it's gone. Can't find it on the internet either.
I guess people are preparing for the big war and push come to shove, the enemy will be taking multiple rounds of CCI Stingers! :W Sniper:

And forget about reloading supplies, everything is "out of stock" it's ridiculous. AR parts, if you can find them, are crazy expensive. No guns in the firearm stores. It's like the dooms day preppers have taken over the country. :W Shotgun:

I built up my supply of rimfire, primers, bullets, powder etc between 2007 and 2010.

Since then, I replace what I use, to ensure I have "safety stock" in the event we have another multi-year episode of stuff being unobtanium.

I also like to be able to help friends out...friends who may not have planned ahead.

I don't think the current shortage is being caused by old shooters stocking up. I think it is from "new" shooters realizing, for the first time, they might actually need a firearm and ammo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg