2023 SCI Convention in Nashville

Wife already booked our room in Nashville. We’ve enjoyed Vegas and the 2017 Hank Jr concert and the usual George Strait concert at the same time in 2018 & 2019. SCI 2022 was fine but we are looking forward to Nashville and a new experience.
Booked already.....low number of decent places to stay?....

There are lots of options in regards to lodging but they ALL will fill up rather quickly. Any kind of sports league tournament held in the general vacinity will only accelerate the bookings.

The Omni, Drury, Hilton, etc… are all right by the convention center within easy walking distance. Omni most expensive. We chose the Drury due to free hot breakfast and free drinks and snacks at the 5:30pm “Kickback” or happy hour. We aren’t big drinkers but this will be a welcome change after Vegas prices for a $15 beer, cocktail or a glass of wine and a $30 breakfast.

I read that the SCI convention will be in Nashville next year. I’m surprised. The moves from Reno to Vegas to Reno seemed like shopping for the best deal. Nashville is a real break from tradition. I’ve never been to SCI but have always enjoyed the DSC show. With Nashville just a 4.5 hour drive I’m more willing to try the SCI in addition to the DSC. I wonder if the SCI faithful will make the trek to Nashville. What are your thoughts about the move?
I don’t like change for the most part. Reno was not good but Vegas is always good. The idea is that going to Nashville there are millions of hunters within driving distance like yourself. I am hoping it will be a great convention. See you there!
Philip

Either place is a very long drive, but I just do not like Las Vegas. I have not attended an SCI convention, but in Nashville I am planning on going. The location worked on getting me to attend.
That’s the idea!

The Omni, Drury, Hilton, etc… are all right by the convention center within easy walking distance. Omni most expensive. We chose the Drury due to free hot breakfast and free drinks and snacks at the 5:30pm “Kickback” or happy hour. We aren’t big drinkers but this will be a welcome change after Vegas prices for a $15 beer, cocktail or a glass of wine and a $30 breakfast.

Thanks will consult Mr google :D Beers:

Will it be held at the Nashville Music City Center…..anyone know? I didn’t see it on their website.

Ok. So……AH get together???
As i stated in the other thread about the SCI convention in Nashville, im more then willing to do the leg work to help facilitate an AH get together in '23.
Being less then an hour away will indeed be nice!

Not going to Nashville.

Vegas and Reno are handy to those in the West.

Nashville is a long damn way to go to spend money.

Dallas I would have probably done.

I have been to the Vegas convention a few times. I like how it was just a few hours drive from northern Utah. I will see if I am going to Nashville a little far but if a few of my friends are going to be there then I will likely go.

Glad to see them moving it around. I’ve been to SCI in Vegas twice and and Reno once, Nashville is about a seven hour drive. That is almost the same time as driving to the airport, getting thru TSA and waiting on the plane. Deplane. Get a ride to the hotel.
Besides, I enjoy visiting different places. Been to TN many times and thru Nashville but never visited there.

I grew up in Reno but never attended SCI while I lived there. I have in recent years. I live in Vegas so attending SCI is fairly convenient. @norfolk shooter and I have talked about attending SCI in Nashville. It will be his first and I’ve never been to Nashville.

Wife already booked our room in Nashville. We’ve enjoyed Vegas and the 2017 Hank Jr concert and the usual George Strait concert at the same time in 2018 & 2019. SCI 2022 was fine but we are looking forward to Nashville and a new experience.
How would you or your wife already know where to book a room already? SCI has only published the dates of the convention not the details...that I am aware of.

520-620-1220, Call SCI and ask them.
Booked my room as well. Omni has SCI group rate.
Nashville is a great town. Should be a really good place to have this show.

Last edited:
How would you or your wife already know where to book a room already? SCI has only published the dates of the convention not the details...that I am aware of.

SCI announced the dates and I read about it in the magazine as well. I don’t remember if everything is completely lined out or published yet but I read somewhere about the convention center and probable hotels. I believe the Omni might be the headquarters hotel with several other nearby hotels also setting aside rooms. We just looked on Google maps and picked a hotel without waiting for SCI to announce more details and room blocks. We wanted a hotel with a restaurant. If the Drury isn’t listed on the SCI hotel list when SCI announces final details, we will be staying at the Drury anyway. We don’t have any inside information, we are just planning ahead.

Last edited:
Oh wow, I’ve never been to the SCI show. Nashville is about 3 hours from me…I’ll attend. Do I need to be a member to attend?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you