2023 SCI Convention in Nashville

Excited for the 2023 convention to be in Nashville. Only 2 hours drive, but might not be able to attend, our rescheduled rescheduled New Zealand red stag hunt is end February first March so not sure if time will allow. Went to the NWTF yesterday at Gaylord Convention, Vegas prices on bottled water $7! Lots of entertainment on Broadway and lots of restaurants in the Gulch. Should be good for visitors.

With SCI coming to Nashville and Nashville also being a close drive from home versas an expensive trip to Nevada I will be making plans to attend.

Glad to hear SCI is bringing their convention to the southeast side of the US making it more convienant for us easterners to attend.

SCI announced the dates and I read about it in the magazine as well. I don’t remember if everything is completely lined out or published yet but I read somewhere about the convention center and probable hotels. I believe the Omni might be the headquarters hotel with several other nearby hotels also setting aside rooms. We just looked on Google maps and picked a hotel without waiting for SCI to announce more details and room blocks. We wanted a hotel with a restaurant. If the Drury isn’t listed on the SCI hotel list when SCI announces final details, we will be staying at the Drury anyway. We don’t have any inside information, we are just planning ahead.

What are the dates Scott?

I read that the SCI convention will be in Nashville next year. I’m surprised. The moves from Reno to Vegas to Reno seemed like shopping for the best deal. Nashville is a real break from tradition. I’ve never been to SCI but have always enjoyed the DSC show. With Nashville just a 4.5 hour drive I’m more willing to try the SCI in addition to the DSC. I wonder if the SCI faithful will make the trek to Nashville. What are your thoughts about the move?
My wife and I went to Nashville back in 2008 and had a great time. I live in upstate New York so we'll DEFINITELY be in Nashville for the SCI convention. Never been to one so I can't wait. Been to the Harrisburg show almost every year since 1988 so looking forward to something new.

Y'all will love being in Nashville. There is a lot to do when not at the convention. And the food in Nashville is so good, If you have to fly there, check out Southwest Airlines. Good rates and the airport is easy to navigate. I am from Tennessee but will be traveling there from South Florida. So get ready for a real good time.

Does anyone here in Tennessee think we ought to warn this foreigners to Nashville about practicing to be NASCAR drivers?

By the way those who like to drive the 70 mph speed limit please seriously consider the use of an Uber, a taxi, or the transit system to avoid causing a wreck or traffic jam. The locals do 80+ mph in the slow lanes.

February 22-26, 2023.
Dallas SC is January 5-8, 2023
Houston SC is January 20-22, 2023

It's a very large time gap between DSC and SCI. I am guessing exhibitors/outfitters don't like this. Makes it tough and expensive.

BTW, 2026 SCI is in New Orleans (Jan 14-17). That will be really fun.

Dallas SC is January 5-8, 2023
Houston SC is January 20-22, 2023

It's a very large time gap between DSC and SCI. I am guessing exhibitors/outfitters don't like this. Makes it tough and expensive.

BTW, 2026 SCI is in New Orleans (Jan 14-17). That will be really fun.

Talk about a city with seriously good restaurants, NOLA is incredible!

Wife already booked our room in Nashville. We’ve enjoyed Vegas and the 2017 Hank Jr concert and the usual George Strait concert at the same time in 2018 & 2019. SCI 2022 was fine but we are looking forward to Nashville and a new experience.
what are the dates for the convention

what are the dates for the convention
5E2D4082-D5A8-4153-A8C1-45CE09977769.jpeg

Vegas sure isn't nothing like it was in the 70s and 80s. I think Nashville would be better.

Just got our room booked for the 4 days. Never been to the Convention, but looking toward to it, and maybe taking in some sights in Nashville. Looks like plenty to see and do within walking distance, as we will fly in, and really don’t need a car

Does anyone who has been there know if the Drury has an airport shuttle? Of what’s the best way to get there from the Airport?

Does anyone here in Tennessee think we ought to warn this foreigners to Nashville about practicing to be NASCAR drivers?

By the way those who like to drive the 70 mph speed limit please seriously consider the use of an Uber, a taxi, or the transit system to avoid causing a wreck or traffic jam. The locals do 80+ mph in the slow lanes.

You mean like going around in circles?....try spa....or one of my favourites the old grandprix circuit at brands hatch....before they sanitised dingledell...always fun to suddenly be on a slightly different part of the track that you didn't have any choice over....but your car and the track decided for you...russel corner at Snetterton flat in top..or with maybe a hint of a confidence lift before going in...again before they sanitised it fkd it up for safety reasons....could go on...but yeah as said....going around in circles :E Shrug: :E Shrug: :E Rofl: :D Beers:

Foreigners are used to bumper cars, so should be no problem. The wide roads in the USA are a child's play for those that have driven in Europe, Middle East or Africa.

Foreigners are used to bumper cars, so should be no problem. The wide roads in the USA are a child's play for those that have driven in Europe, Middle East or Africa.
It's not about road width. It's about the way the highway changes, interchanges and idiot drivers who which lanes even if there isn't any room to switch lanes just to get back in the lane they just moved out of and big trucks of all types blocking the exit a driver needs to get on.

Morning rush/race 2 hours (6:30-8:45) is worse because there is at least 1 to 4 wrecks to back up traffic for miles on all the highways. The evening not so bad generally 0 to 1 during the evening rush/race hours (3:00-6:00) generally on I-40, I-26, and I-65.

Whomever designed the highway system around the east side of Nashville must have been on some serious drugs.

Since I haven't experienced Europe yet, I can't compare which is worse. But driving in the wrong lane (left lane as opposed to the US right lane) is rather scary.oh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross