Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA lifetime, SCI Member, Longhunters LLC
Hunted
South Africa, Germany, USA (OH, NY, VA, PA, WY)
Hello all!

I have recently started a new job here in Ohio and unfortianetly have not had as much time to partisipater here on AH. But things have startrd to calm down a bit. So back to hunting! I am looking to do a Pronghorn hunt out west next year. It will be my dad and I partisipating in the hunt. After some internet research I am thinking I would like to hunt Colorado or south east Wyoming. Cost wise, I feel these areas will work best? I am not opposed to other areas if I can get them to fit my budget. I am looking to stay arround the $1500-$2000 range per person. Does not have to be an all inclusive hunt but it would be nice. So I am checking to see if anyone here has used an outfitter or could recomend one to use? Like I said I have done some research, but just looking for some recomendations.

Thanks

I've hunted in the past with Triple Three Outfitters in Buffalo, WY. A bit north of where you're looking in WY, but a top notch outfit. Craig runs an outstanding camp and has a ton of property available. Either archery or rifle hunting you won't be dissapointed.

Rick,

Do not mess with Colorado. Honestly, we haven't the number of animals nor the opportunities like Wyoming. There are several areas in Wyoming with good "walk in" and public acess-finding good goats here is not rocket science. There are places around Medicine Bow, for example, where a pair of do-it-yourself hunters could get it done for less than $1000, for a week's time (minus tags). I will gladly assist you with details via PMs

I concur. There is a fair amount of public land with good access. A good mature antelope is not that tough to find. Any of the desert areas south or west of Casper have lots of antelope. A little research and a call to a Game and Fish biologist or two and you should be good to go. Further south has good numbers too. Bruce

Ive got outfitters in both placea in your price range if you are interested. Lodging and food included. Ill send a pm.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I have considered DIY hunts. I guess I just find it difficult to pill the trigger. I will be on a tight schedule and will only have the 3 days. 5-7 days and I would deff do the DIY hunt. I always enjoy DIY hunts. So I will look over the info and hopefully get something going in the next couple of months. Once again thanks all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JannEarle

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois